Peter T. Flawn Academic Center
Welcome to the FAC!
The Flawn Academic Center (FAC) is a state-of-the-art technology and collaboration facility at The University of Texas at Austin. Offering flexible study spaces, multimedia services, and upgraded computer labs, the FAC is designed to support the academic and research goals of the entire campus community.
Students are invited to conduct research or review online material in one of two computer labs that together hold almost 200 high-speed computers. These labs represent the largest student computer resource on campus. Access the digital library, write a paper, create a video, check e-mail, or just surf the Web. Several work and study spaces designed for comfort, flexibility, and easy collaboration are also available. Work alone or with your study group.
- Supports students and faculty in their academic goals, study, and achievements.
- Provides students with flexible meeting and study spaces.
- Provides an updated and centrally located technology center on campus.
- Focuses on technology, information, and interaction.
- Embodies the future model of university learning centers being adopted worldwide.