Group Email is used to send important, university-sanctioned messages to specific groups in the university community. For example, Payroll could send a message to employees explaining how to claim their W-2 form. The system is not intended for casual correspondence and should be used only when the email content impacts a significant percentage of recipients.
- Recipient lists are created in real-time, providing the most up-to-date list available.
- Prebuilt or custom recipient lists can be used.
- Instructors can send messages to courses they are currently teaching.
- Messages are delivered to individual recipients, so they cannot view or reply to the entire recipient list.
- Messages include a PGP certification key stamp that verifies message authenticity.
- Each message must be reviewed and authorized by designated group contacts before it is sent.
Group Email is available at no cost to authorized users.