Note: The legacy Group E-Mail system has been retired as of August 31, 2015.
Group E-Mail is used to send important, university-sanctioned messages to specific groups in the university community. For example, Payroll could send a message to employees explaining how to claim their W-2 form. The system is not intended for casual correspondence and should be used only when the email content impacts a significant percentage of recipients.
The access the Group E-Mail system, go to: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/group_email/gateway.
- Authorization via UT Login.
- A search feature to find the groups/lists to send messages.
- All posted messages are moderated before emails are sent.
- Email templates.
- HTML formatted emails.
- Multiple attachments.
- “cc” (carbon copy) functionality.
- Capacity to send emails to large lists/groups.
- Capacity to send emails to multiple lists.
- Statistics for sent messages.
Group E-Mail is available at no cost to authorized users.