UTmail IMAP in Outlook 2010
Enable IMAP in UTmail
- In UTmail go to Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP > Make sure Enable IMAP is checked.
- Click Save Changes.
Create Account in Outlook
If you are starting Outlook 2010 for the first time, click Next when you see the startup screen, then choose Yes in the next screen when asked if would you like to configure an email account. If you have already used Outlook or have another existing account, continue with the following instructions.
- Click the File button on the top left corner.
- Under Info > Account Information, click on Add Account.
- On the Add New Account screen, choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Click Next.
- Choose Internet E-mail, Connect to a POP or IMAP server to send and receive email messages.
- Click Next.
- Enter your user information, name, and full email address including the "@utexas.edu."
- Enter server information as follows:
- Account Type – IMAP
- Incoming mail server – "imap.gmail.com"
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) – "smtp.gmail.com"
Enter login information as follows:
- User Name: Your UTmail address
- Password: UTmail Password
Click on More Settings... on lower right corner of window.
In the Internet E-mail Settings, go to the Advanced tab to change the server port numbers.
- Change Incoming server (IMAP) to "993" and use SSL as the encrypted connection.
- Change Outgoing server (SMTP) to "587" and use TLS as the encrypted connection.
On the Outgoing Server tab, check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Choose Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
You should be taken back to the Add New Account screen. Click on Test Account Settings. If there are errors, return to setting configurations and check if everything was entered correctly.
Click Close, Next, and Finish.
Last updated August 14, 2012 @ 3:17 pm