Reformat an Encrypted USB Thumb Drive or Memory Stick
If you have encrypted a USB drive and would like to reformat the device, you must either decrypt the device or reset the device before you can reformat it.
- On the client machine, go to the directory where SecureDoc is installed (default: C:\Program Files\WinMagic\SecureDoc-NT\UserData)
- Open the SecurDoc.ini file.
Under the General section, add the following line (must be on separate line):
- Save the file.
- Open the SecureDoc Control Centre.
- Go to Disk Encryption tab.
- You will see the option Reset Disk in the bottom display.
- Choose the correct USB drive in the dropdown Drive box.
Important: DO NOT RESET HD1 or main drive or you will effectively WIPE your machine!!!
Last updated July 31, 2012 @ 10:56 am