Restoring Autoboot Functionality
If autoboot functionality stops working for a PC or Mac:
- Attempt to log in to the SecureDoc pre-boot environment with SecureDoc admin credentials. You may need to use Online Password Recovery to log in. When login succeeds, access to the operating system is possible.
- Log in to the operating system.
- Open the SecureDoc console.
- Locate the device by hostname
Check the column labeled Profile and note the name.
Right-click the device and select Assign device profiles to devices.
Select the profile matching the name from step 5 above and click OK.
On the affected device, right-click the SecureDoc Control center icon in the system tray (yellow circle with a blue or green lock).
- Select Communicate with server. Wait for the successful communication bubble to appear.
- Reboot the device.
- Check to see if autoboot functionality is restored.
Last updated July 31, 2012 @ 11:21 am