Costs for ID Cards
New Card Costs
- Students - $10 for INITIAL card.
- Employees - $0 for INITIAL card.
- University Affiliates - $10 billed to the department via Interdepartmental Transfer (IDT).
- UTemps - $0 for INITIAL card; for subsequent assignments $10 billed to department via Interdepartmental Transfer (IDT). This card is optional and a request must be on department letterhead and include an IDT account number.
Replacement Card Costs
There is a $10 charge for cards replaced for the following reasons:
- Lost or stolen card
- Any other reason not covered on this page
Note: ALL REPLACEMENT CHARGES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INDIVIDUAL.
There is NO CHARGE for cards replaced for the following reasons:
- Defective card
- Normal wear and tear
- Affiliation or department change
- Department name change
- Legal name change 
- Appearance change
- Converting a standard ID card into a proximity card
Note: Bring your ID card to the ID Center to exchange it for a replacement.
ID Card Payment Options
Students, Faculty, and Staff
- In person at the ID Center — Departments sponsor initial card. Payments in personal check or money orders ONLY.
1: Name changes must be processed by the appropriate university offices before they will appear on your ID Card. Faculty and staff will need to visit Payroll Services in MAI 132. Students will need to visit the Registrar in MAI 16. Both offices will need proof of your name change (e.g. driver's license or passport).
Last updated July 6, 2012 @ 10:58 am