The University of Texas at Austin
As part of the Web Central Services Retirement project, the ITS website will be retired. Information about IT services will be replaced by two new sites, IT@UT and UT ServiceNow, and ITS departmental information will be migrated to a new location. All changes will be completed by 7/28/2016.

ID Center

Valid Forms of Identification for ID Cards and EID Upgrades

You must present a valid, current government-issued photo ID proving your identity to receive an ID card or EID upgrade. Photos on file at the ID Center are NOT valid forms of identification.

In accordance with the University Identification Card Guidelines, the list of acceptable forms of identification has been provided for verification purposes. ID Center officials must adhere to these policies at all times.

Accepted forms of government-issued proof of identification:
(photo IDs not listed here will NOT be considered valid)

  • Driver's license from the United States or Canada or State ID

  • Valid learner's permit or temporary license (must include photograph) from the United States or Canada

  • U.S. Military ID (Common Access Card, Uniformed Services Card)

  • U.S. or foreign passport

  • Alien registration card with photo (form I-151 or I-551)

  • U.S. citizen ID card (form I-197)

  • Resident citizen card (form I-179)

  • U.S. Employment Authorization Card - EAD (form I-766)

  • Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card

  • Trusted Traveler Program (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)

If you do not have a valid ID, the ID Center will not be able to issue you an ID card nor upgrade your UT EID. See I Don't Have Valid ID to learn what your alternatives are.

Last updated February 1, 2016 @ 3:34 pm

We Can Help

Get help from an expert:

* UT Service Desk

* Call us at 512-475-9400

* Submit a help request online

We also have a walk-in service in the first floor lobby of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC). Stop by and let us help you!