Employee UT ID Cards
Students, faculty, staff, and retirees are automatically eligible for ID cards.
If your faculty or staff member has never had an ID card, please have them visit the ID Center to obtain their first ID card.
If your faculty or staff member does not have a new UT ID card (since 2010), please have them visit the ID Center to trade their old ID card for a newer ID card. If they do not have their old ID card due to loss or theft, they may be assessed a replacement charge.
University Affiliates (including Official Visitors)
Sponsoring departments may request a UT ID card for university affiliates. The request must be included in the assignment in HRMS and the sponsor must agree to cover the costs of the card.
HR personnel may follow these steps:
- At the HRMS home page, click the Create a new position link.
- From the Step 1: Position Basis page select University Affiliate from the Position Category drop-down menu.
- Next, select the appropriate subtype from the Position Subtype drop-down menu. Depending on the subtype you choose, you may also need to provide a Job Code. You can also create a position based on an existing Position ID, if you know one.
- Complete necessary information on the Step 2: Position Details page of your Create a New Document page.
- On the General section of your document, be sure to select UT ID Card (building access) in the Privileges box.
- You must enter an account number to cover the cost of the ID card.
Please note that the cost of the ID card will be billed via IDT to the Account for Incidental Expenses.
This account number can also be viewed and updated on the Position Details page of an existing university affiliate position.
If you require assistance with this process, please contact the HRMS Support Team at 512-471-8802.
Last updated July 6, 2012 @ 11:00 am