Android: Setting Up Austin Exchange Messaging Service
Note: These instructions were written for Android OS v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). The exact wording of selections may vary between OS versions and individual devices.
Adding Mail Account
- In System Settings, under Accounts, select +Add Account.
- Select the option for Exchange. It may be listed as Work or Corporate.
- Configure your Exchange account in the provided fields.
- Email Address: Your email address (e.g., "firstname.lastname@example.org")
- Password: Your UT EID password
- Select Next. Your Android will attempt to connect to the Austin Exchange server, automatically filling in the following information on the next screen:
- Domain\username: Your email address or austin\your email address.
- Password: Your EID password
- Exchange server: wmail.austin.utexas.edu
- Tap Next and choose which items you would like to synchronize, then select Done.
- Finally, you may be prompted to choose a name for the account you have just added.
Once your Android has synchronized with your Austin Exchange account, you can configure additional options in that account’s settings.
Note: SSL is the default connection option and should not be changed.
Erasing AEMS Information on an Android Device
To erase AEMS settings:
Go to Settings > Application Settings > Manage Applications > Email, and tap Clear data.
Select OK to confirm.
Last updated November 20, 2014 @ 3:47 pm