Outlook 2011 (Mac): Setting Up Austin Exchange Messaging Service
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 and higher
- Application: Outlook 2011
Configuring AEMS in Outlook 2011 for the First Time
The following instructions are intended for users who are configuring AEMS in Outlook 2011 for the first time, such as for an installation on a new computer. If you are upgrading from Entourage, please refer to the migration instructions further down the page.
- Launch Outlook 2011.
- Click Add Account.
- Choose Exchange Account.
- Enter your email address.
- Leave Method set to User Name and Password.
- Type in "AUSTIN\YourEID" for the user name.
Enter your EID password and click Add Account.
Note: Leave Configure automatically checked.
- Under Directory Service, change Server to "directory.austin.utexas.edu," and check Use SSL to connect (recommended).
- Click OK.
- Close the Accounts window.
Migrating AEMS from Entourage to Outlook 2011
The following instructions will guide you through the process of migrating your AEMS email account from Entourage to Outlook 2011.
Note: This procedure requires that you have Outlook 2011 (included in the Microsoft Office 2011 suite) and a version of Entourage installed on your Mac.
- Open Outlook 2011.
- You will receive a prompt asking if you would like to make Outlook your default email application. Make a choice and click OK.
- At the bottom of the window, click Import.
- At the Begin Import screen, select Entourage information from an archive or earlier version and click the right arrow.
- At the Choose an Application screen, select the version of Entourage you would like to import information from and click the right arrow.
- At the Import Items screen, select all items you would like to import from Entourage and click the right arrow. It is recommended that you check all items.
- At the Select an Identity screen, select the identity associated with your AEMS account and click the right arrow.
- An "Outlook does not support synchronization with all versions of Exchange Server" prompt will appear. Click OK.
- The import process will start. This can take several minutes to complete.
- Once you reach the Import Complete screen, click Finish.
- Outlook will now synchronize with your AEMS account. It may take several minutes before all of your email messages are downloaded and available in Outlook.
Last updated February 8, 2013 @ 9:44 am