The University of Texas at Austin
As part of the Web Central Services Retirement project, the ITS website will be retired. Information about IT services will be replaced by two new sites, IT@UT and UT ServiceNow, and ITS departmental information will be migrated to a new location. All changes will be completed by 7/28/2016.

Microsoft Campus Agreement

What is the difference between Departmental media and Student & Faculty/Staff work-at-home media?

Departmental media is usually obtained under the Microsoft Academic Select Agreement (Select). This media can typically be purchased from your campus bookstore or directly from Dell, and typically requires a Volume License Key (VLK).

Note: Under the terms of the current Microsoft Campus Agreement, VLKs are not to be provided to students, and should be distributed to staff only as necessary.

Student and faculty/staff work-at-home media can be purchased at each Campus' distribution point, and is individually keyed. If a key for this media is lost or destroyed, it cannot be recreated or reclaimed. Students who lose their key will need to purchase new media.

Last updated March 27, 2012 @ 1:36 pm

We Can Help

Get help from an expert:

* UT Service Desk

* Call us at 512-475-9400

* Submit a help request online

We also have a walk-in service in the first floor lobby of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC). Stop by and let us help you!