Android Phones Post Migration Process
These instructions are for configuring your Android phone for Office 365 using an ActiveSync connection. This will allow you to access your Office 365 email, as well as synchronize your Android contacts and calendar with your Office 365 contacts and calendar.
Removing Your Old Exchange Account
- In the System Settings, scroll down to Accounts and select the entry for Exchange. It may be listed as Work or Corporate.
- Select your former Exchange account, then select Remove account at the bottom of the menu. Tap OK to confirm.
Adding Your New Office 365 Account
- In System Settings, under Accounts, select +Add Account.
- Select the option for Exchange. It may be listed as Work or Corporate.
- Configure your Exchange account in the provided fields.
- Email Address: Your email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your UT EID password
- Your Android phone will try to set up your email account automatically.
Note: If you experience problems, try it twice, in case there was a mistype. Give autodiscover a chance to work.
- Enter the manual setup option, available on most devices. Use the following settings:
Email address: Your email address
Server address: m.outlook.com
Domain: Leave blank
Username: Your email address
Password: Your password
- Enable/check the option for this server requires an encrypted SSL connection.
- Tap Next and choose which items you would like to synchronize, then select Done.
- Finally, you may be prompted to choose a name for the account you have just added.
Note: If you experience problems, try this twice, in case there was a mistype. If the autodiscover or manual method does not work, try rebooting the device.
Last updated December 2, 2013 @ 2:42 pm