Setting up Apple Mail (OSX 10.7 or later)
Note: This process may acquire administrative access, depending on your computer. If your computer prompts you for a password other than your email password for setup, please follow the steps for Apple Mail (10.6 or earlier) or contact your Technical Support Contact.
- Verify that all instances of Apple Mail are closed.
In the top-left corner of your screen, select the Apple icon, then select System Preferences.
Select Mail, Contact & Calendars.
Select the Microsoft Exchange button in the right-hand column.
A popup window will appear. Please provide the information requested:
- Email Address: Your primary email address
- Password: Your UT EID Password
If AutoDiscover succeeds, please skip to step 8. AutoDiscover may display an error message after attempting to find your settings. Please click Continue.
In the Account Settings popup window, please provide the information requested then hit Continue:
- Description (Optional): Office 365
- Username: Primary Email Address
- Password: UT EID Password
- **Server Address: **outlook.office365.com
An Account Summary window will show. Verify that your information is correct, then click Continue.
The final screen will allow you to configure other Apple programs to complement Apple Mail:
- Mail - Configures Apple Mail to use your Exchange account.
- Contacts- Uses the Contacts application to access your contacts and the Global Address List.
- Calendars & Reminders (10.8 and later) - Uses the Calendar application to access your Exchange calendar and uses the Reminders application to access your Exchange Tasks.
- Notes (10.8 or later - Uses the Notes application to save notes in your Notes folder. Check the desired checkboxes and hit Add Account.
Last updated February 24, 2016 @ 12:25 pm