Windows 8 Phone Post Migration Process
These instructions are for configuring your Windows 8 Phone for Office 365 using an ActiveSync connection. This will allow you to access your Office 365 email, as well as synchronize your Windows 8 Phone contacts and calendar with your Office 365 contacts and calendar.
Removing Your Old Exchange Account
On Start, swipe left to the App list, tap Settings, and then tap Email + Accounts.
Tap and hold the account you want to delete from your phone, tap Delete, and then tap Delete again.
Adding Your New Office 365 Account
- On Start, swipe left to the App list, select Settings, and then select Email + Accounts.
- Select Add an account > Outlook.
- Enter your email address and password and select Sign in. Your Windows 8 Phone will try to set up your email account automatically.
Note: If you experience problems, try it twice, in case there was a mistype. Give autodiscover a chance to work.
If your email account cannot be set up automatically, you’ll see the message, We couldn’t find your settings.
- Select Advanced. You will need to enter the following information:
- Email address: Your email address
- Server address: outlook.office365.com
- Domain: Leave blank
- Username: Your email address
- Password: Your password
- Enable/check the option for this server requires an encrypted SSL connection.
- Select the check mark at the bottom of the screen.
Note: If you experience problems, try this twice, in case there was a mistype. If neither the autodiscover or manual method works, try rebooting the device.
Last updated December 2, 2013 @ 2:43 pm