Installing UTBackup - Mac
Note: A registration code and UTBackup server address must be entered to complete setup and create an account. Please ask your department Technical Support Contact for this information. UTBackup is for use only on computers owned by UT Austin.
- Download the UTBackup installer of CrashPlan.
- Once the download completes, double-click the installer file.
- A disk image should mount on your desktop.
- Double-click the CrashPlanPRO disk mount.
- Double-click the Install CrashPlanPRO icon and the setup assistant will guide you through the rest of the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Read the Software License Agreement and then click Continue.
- Click Agree.
Leave the default destination as is — Mac HD — and then click Continue.
Note: If you are backing up a FileVault protected account on Mac OS 10.6 or earlier, select Change Install Location... to install as a user who owns the File Vault account.
- You will be prompted for Administrator credentials. Enter these credentials and click Install Software.
The software will install. Once the installation is complete, click Close.
Note: It is possible that UTBackup has been installed on your computer by your System Administrator. Check your Applications folder to find the CrashPlan application.
Last updated November 16, 2012 @ 4:17 pm