Faculty, Staff and Retirees
Faculty and staff are eligible to use both Austin Exchange Messaging Service (AEMS) and business UTmail accounts. Because alumni of the University who are also employed as faculty or staff will be eligible for both personal and business UTmail accounts, only the latter should be used for business purposes.
Business accounts are for employee use and will be deactivated at the end of employment. University retirees will be able to keep their account after retirement. Retirees without an existing account may sign up for one.
AEMS accounts are preferred over UTmail in the below cases:
- You require calendar or resource (rooms, etc.) sharing with colleagues on AEMS (Exchange).
- You require email encryption or digital signature.
- Your data is export controlled or subject to a Technology Control Plan, Non-Disclosure Agreement or Sensitive Data Control Plan.
- Your data is specifically protected by Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act HIPAA or Federal Information Security Management Act FISMA.
- Your data is specifically protected by a contract (e.g., NSF, NIH, DOE) and prohibits the use of 3rd party services such as Google's Gmail service.
Last updated May 21, 2014 @ 9:46 am