The information below applies specifically to accounts created for users of the legacy Texas Exes Lifetime Email Forwarding service.
Logging in for the First Time
- Go to https://get.utmail.utexas.edu/manage/accounttype.php
- Click Log In Using My UT Electronic ID (EID). If you do not have your EID or password, click I Don’t Know My UT Electronic ID (EID) to be emailed a single-use link that will log you in automatically.
- After logging in, select Change UTmail Password. You will be able to choose a password for your UTmail account. Please note that this password is different from your EID password.
- With this process complete, you can now log in to UTmail at http://utmail.utexas.edu/
Receiving or Forwarding Mail
After the Texas Exes mail-forwarding upgrade, all mail sent to either your new @utexas.edu address or your @alumni.utexas.net address will be routed to your UTmail inbox.
To forward your mail to a different mailbox, you will need to log in to your UTmail account. Once logged in, go to Options (the gear-shaped button in upper-right corner) > Settings. Under the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, you can Add a forwarding address.
Once you’ve verified the forwarding address, make sure to enabled forwarding.
Your @utexas.edu address will be the default "Send from" address. To add your @alumni.utexas.net address, you will need to complete the following steps.
- Select Options (the gear-shaped icon in the upper-right corner) > Settings > Accounts.
- Under Send mail as: select Add another email address you own.
- After filling in your @alumni.utexas.net address, uncheck the box next to Treat as an alias and click Next Step.
- Click Send Verification. An email will appear in your inbox. This email contains a confirmation code that you will use to complete the verification process.
When composing a new message, a drop down box in the "From:" field will allow you to select the email address from which the message will be sent. To change the default "Send from" email address go to Options (the gear-shaped button in upper-right corner) > Settings > Accounts, then set the default.
You can also configure the system to reply from the same account the message was sent to. Go to Options (gear-shaped button in upper-right corner) > Settings > Accounts. Under your mail addresses you can select Reply from the same address the message was sent to.
Merging Your New Texas Exes Account with an Existing UTmail Account
- From the UTmail homepage, click Manage account.
- After logging in, you will be asked which of your two accounts you wish to manage. Select your Personal account and Submit.
- You will be presented with two confirmation screens. Please read these carefully.
- After clicking I’m Sure. Merge Accounts, the merge will begin. When complete, you will be redirected to a confirmation page. Your accounts are now merged.
Last updated October 31, 2014 @ 4:29 pm