Requesting Access to WDS
To request access to the ITS WDS Server, submit a service request online:
Log in with your UT EID.
Click New Request.
In the Summary field enter: [WDS] Request access to Campus WDS.
In the Notes field provide the following information:
- Three letter building code
- Subnets/VLANs on which you wish to enable WDS
- EIDs of technical staff that should have access
- Department: Information Technology Services
- Building: FAC
- Subnets/VLANs: 192.168.1.0/24, 192.168.2.0/25
- EIDs: joe123456, sue987654
After your request is submitted, you will be contacted by ITS Networking to confirm whether or not your building network and subnet qualify to use the ITS WDS service. Your subnet must have a DHCP scope in order to use WDS, as that is a key component to the boot and discovery process. Once your network has been cleared and configured to use WDS, ITS will then grant your EID access to the WDS server. You will then be able to use the service.
Last updated February 28, 2011 @ 8:59 am