Who can use University Wiki Service
Group, Project or Departmental Wikis
- Only active faculty or staff members at The University of Texas at Austin may request a departmental, project, or group wiki.
- At least one Space Administrator must be an active member of the university community.
- The requester will be the wiki's Space Administrator and may add users.
- Wikis created for departments, teams, projects, or workgroups will be subject to deletion after one year of inactivity.
Class Wikis for Academic Coursework
- Faculty members are encouraged to use Canvas for their classroom needs. Contact the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) for help selecting online learning tools.
- Current faculty, students, or staff at The University of Texas at Austin may have personal wikis. Personal wikis of users who are not current university faculty, students, or staff at the time of the wiki creation will be removed immediately upon discovery.
- Users can create a personal wiki using the "Creating a personal Wiki for individual use " link after logging in with a UT EID.
- The requestor will be the wiki's Space Administrator; Space Administrators may add users via UT EIDs.
- Personal wikis will remain active for six months after the owner's departure from the university. This provides users time to establish a new wiki, notify collaborators, and export wikis.utexas.edu content to a new wiki.
Last updated January 25, 2016 @ 1:37 pm