Connecting to restricted.utexas.edu Wi-Fi: Android
If your wireless device is running Google Android, follow this procedure to connect to the restricted.utexas.edu wireless network:
Note: These instructions have been tested for Android versions between 2.2 and 4.0.3. If you are running an earlier version of Android, use the same steps, but some of the options in step 6 may not be available.
- Select Settings.
- Select Wireless & Networks.
- Select Wi-Fi to turn on wireless.
- Select Wi-Fi Settings.
Under the Wi-Fi Networks section, choose restricted.utexas.edu.
Configure your options for restricted.utexas.edu as follows:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
- Identity: Your UT EID
- Anonymous Identity: "anonymous"
- Password: Your UT EID Password
- Select Connect. Your Android device should now be connected to the restricted.utexas.edu wireless network.
Last updated June 5, 2012 @ 3:06 pm