Connecting to utexas Wi-Fi: Android
If your wireless device is running Google Android, follow this procedure to connect to the utexas wireless network:
First, remove the connection for restricted.utexas.edu before connecting to utexas.
Connect to utexas
Note: These instructions have been tested for Android versions between 2.2 and 4.0.3. If you are running an earlier version of Android, use the same steps, but some of the options in step 6 may not be available.
- Select Settings.
- Select Wireless & Networks.
- Select Wi-Fi to turn on wireless.
- Select Wi-Fi Settings.
- Under the Wi-Fi Networks section, choose utexas.
- Configure your options for utexas as follows:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
- Identity: Your UT EID
- Anonymous Identity: "anonymous"
- Password: Your UT EID Password
7. Select Connect. Your Android device should now be connected to the utexas wireless network.
Last updated March 24, 2015 @ 11:12 am