UT Service Desk
The UT Service Desk provides students, faculty, and staff at The University of Texas at Austin with a centralized point of contact for computer help, questions concerning ITS services, and navigating
IT @ UT.
Hours and Location
Phone and Email Support
- Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 10 pm
- Friday, 8 am to 6 pm
- Weekends, 12 - 5 pm
- Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm
- Flawn Academic Center (FAC) Lobby
- Support any ITS service that is on personal or University owned computer or device.
- Will escalate tickets to desktop support or UT Business office to fulfill customer requests.
- Assist with EID policy, creations, merges and password resets.
- Provide assistance with getting University affiliates connected to the ‘utexas’ network, as well as walking guests through their WiFi (wireless network) options.
- Assist customers with email services (UTmail, AEMS and Office365) as well as assisting with configuration on desktop, mobile and tablet devices.
- Can suggest anti-virus software, but not install or assist with virus removal.
- Can provide general advice on updating operating systems, checking available hard drive space or general computing needs, but not hardware support.
- (Service Desk) Check out tables to student organizations, act as a drop-off/pick-up location for lost and found items and provide media destruction for certain University devices. Media destruction available for faculty and staff only.
- (Service Desk) Perform Two Factor Authentication (Toopher or DUO) resets (when presented with a current, government issued photo ID).
Consulting with the UT Service Desk via phone, email, or the walk-in services is available at no cost to students, faculty and staff.