ITS Help Desk
The ITS Help Desk is now accepting applications.
Title: Help Desk Consultant
Availability: 19 hours of availability, 2-semester commitment (spring and fall), Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. preferred.
Salary: Starting at $11.00 per hour
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
Important Information: Hourly positions with ITS do not have academic titles, do not earn benefits, and cannot qualify out-of-state students for in-state tuition rates. The University of Texas is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Our ITS Help Desk consultants provide excellent customer service and first-level technical support to the University of Texas at Austin community. We provide support and assistance through our call center, e-mail system, and Service Desk.
- Complete Help Desk training that will help you grow and preserve your knowledge of Help Desk procedures and ITS products and services
- Politely respond to the customer's problem and convey a resolution either by resolving it at first contact or escalating it to the next level of support
- Make sure all problems are resolved via phone, e-mail, and Service Desk
- Maintain Help Desk technical documentation
What We Can Offer You
- Flexible hours to accommodate your course schedule
- Very useful applied computing skills
- Valuable customer service experience
- The convenient work location of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC)
- Opportunity to further professional development through position advancement
- The ability to help people and feel good about doing so!
- A fun work environment
- High school graduate with 6 months of experience in computing, problem solving, and/or troubleshooting
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
- Active student status at a higher education institution
- Very strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Experience troubleshooting TCP/IP applications in the Windows, Macintosh, or Unix environments
If you meet these qualifications, apply for a Help Desk job using our job application form.