ITS Help and Service Desk
The ITS Help and Service Desk provides students, faculty, and staff at The University of Texas at Austin with a centralized point of contact for computer help, questions concerning ITS services, and navigating
IT @ UT.
Hours and Location
Closed 5pm - 6pm Thursday 11/20/14: Staff Meeting.
Thanksgiving Weekend: Closing at 6pm 11/26/14 then Closed 11/27 - 11/30.
Phone and Email Support
- Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 10 pm
- Friday, 8 am to 6 pm
- Weekends, 12 - 5 pm
- Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm
- Flawn Academic Center (FAC) Lobby
- Available to answer questions by telephone, email, or on a walk-in basis
- Support for personally owned computers at Service Desk
- Support for departmentally and personally owned computers via phone and chat
- Coaching on resolving many common computer problems, including backing up data, securing your computer, and updating your operating system and applications
- Referrals to expert systems consultants specializing in Unix, Windows, Macintosh, or desktop and networking systems
- Referrals to expert applications consultants specializing in statistical, mathematical, database management, Web publishing, or desktop software applications
Consulting with the ITS Help and Service Desk via phone, email, or the walk-in services is available at no cost to students, faculty and staff.