ITS Help Desk
The ITS Help Desk provides students, faculty, and staff at The University of Texas at Austin with a centralized point of contact for computer help, questions concerning ITS services, and navigating IT @ UT.
Hours and Location
Phone and Email Support
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
(Closed Wednesday November 27, 2013 at 6 p.m. and Thursday December 5, 2013 from 5-6 p.m. for staff meeting)
- Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Flawn Academic Center (FAC) Lobby
- Available to answer questions by telephone, email, or on a walk-in basis
- Support for personally owned computers at Service Desk
- Support for departmentally and personally owned computers via phone and chat
- Coaching on resolving many common computer problems, including backing up data, securing your computer, and updating your operating system and applications
- Referrals to expert systems consultants specializing in Unix, Windows, Macintosh, or desktop and networking systems
- Referrals to expert applications consultants specializing in statistical, mathematical, database management, Web publishing, or desktop software applications
Consulting with the ITS Help Desk via phone, email, or the walk-in services is available at no cost to students, faculty and staff.