The ID Center, located on the first floor of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC), provides proximity-enabled ID cards for students, faculty, staff, official visitors and university affiliates as required. The ID Center also upgrades UT EIDs for eligible individuals to allow full access to online services.
In accordance with the University Identification Card Guidelines, a user is only eligible to be in possession of a UT Austin ID Card while they are affiliated with the university. Once no longer a current affiliate, the card will become deactivated for all privileges associated with the ID.
Getting a new ID or EID Upgrade:
Requires a valid government-issued photo ID as proof of identity. Complete list can be found here.
Hours and Location
Visit the FAC hours page for hours of operation.
- Proof of identity on Campus.
- Building access.
- UTprint eligible.
- Make purchases on and off campus with Bevo Bucks.
- Free Capitol Metro bus service.
- EID Upgrades provide online access to credit-by-exam tests, grades, W-2s, payroll sites, and compliance training.
- Students can manage financial aid.
A $10 fee is billed to the user's What I Owe page for each ID card issued. First time employee cards are fee exempt.