IT Systems Management
The IT Systems Management (ITSM) team operates and provides expert support of centrally funded services such as UTBackup, Enterprise Whole Disk Encryption, and Absolute Manage. We serve as systems management consultants to the campus, exchanging knowledge and techniques used to build common best practices. In addition, ITSM maintains the management infrastructure used by ITS Managed IT Support in their contracted service operations.
- Professional consulting on managing desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Manage infrastructure for applying policy mandated security controls.
- Deploy operating systems, updates, and third-party software patches.
- Collaborate with campus groups to maintain University computer hardware standards.
- Serve as technical resource on common good services for campus units.
- Serve as technical resource for the Managed IT Support team.
Consultation with the IT Systems Management team is available at no cost to University of Texas at Austin departments. However, participation in some projects will incur an hourly rate for completion based on need and complexity. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.