The UT Austin Administrative Computer System (mainframe) is the university's administrative computing system. The mainframe runs nearly all of the university's administrative applications, including:
- Course descriptions
- Data warehouse/Project IQ
- Financial aid
- Student admissions and registration
- UT Direct
- Time sheets
- ...and over 140 additional applications!
- Electronically delivered reports allow the information to be copy and pasted into other documents and sent securely to Austin Disk
- Provides secure, onsite data warehousing
- Access available for both Macintosh and Windows platforms using TN3270
- Uses EID login credentials
- IBM System Z10 Business Class mainframe
- Green Output, one of the ways to receive data from the mainframe, conserves paper and supports the University's Sustainability Policy
Mainframe access is available at no cost to UT staff who require access to administrative applications.