Managed IT Support
MITS support phone number: 512-475-9406
MITS Team will join Academic Technology Support
A core component of the vision shared by President Fenves is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative support at UT Austin. The combining of desktop support and systems management teams is an opportunity for both teams to share and implement best practices resulting in enhanced offerings for customers and new career growth opportunities for employees.
See the Joining ATS tab for details.
Managed IT Support (MITS) provides colleges, schools and departmental units with customer-focused information technology resources and support. Friendly, knowledgeable staff who understand your technical environment work with you to meet your business needs.
By implementing an efficient, cost-contained approach to fully managed IT support, this team of experts can use a variety of tools and approaches to deploy applications, updates and patches, detect problems and troubleshoot computer issues. We also deploy new hardware, facilitate computer life-cycle and inventory control, and provide support for individuals and the applications they use.
- Predictable, cost-contained approach to fully managing desktop support requirements.
- Implementation of mandated UT security policies.
- Centralized security management, tracking, performance monitoring and reporting.
- Providing remote and onsite support, repair and problem resolution for the customer.
- License cost waive for desktop backup software.
- Coordinating with other ITS Departments as needed.
See the pricing page for details.