Managed Server Support
ITS Managed Server Support (MSS) provides colleges, schools and departments with customer-focused information technology resources and support. We have friendly, knowledgeable staff that understand the University technical environment and work with you to meet your business needs.
MSS offers standards-based professionally managed Linux and Windows systems administration for Customer owned servers, either physical or virtual. Operational support includes server hardening, planning, installation, configuration, security patches and updates, troubleshooting, monitoring, and documentation. MSS can provide assistance with implementing a data backup strategy that meets the business requirements for the Customer and for third party application installation and configuration. Any services provided outside of scope of this SLA are subject to additional charge.
Under normal circumstances, MSS staff is available between 8 am - 5 pm Monday through Friday, excluding all holidays and university closures.
- Predictable, cost-contained approach to physical and virtual server management.
- Delivering expert operating system technical support, problem resolution and patch management.
- Consistent implementation of mandated UT security policies.
- Providing system performance, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Implementing a data backup strategy that meets the business requirements for the customer.
- Providing basic application deployment and basic database administration.
- Coordinating with other ITS Departments and 3rd party vendors as needed.
All prices are for an annual agreement; some options can be prorated for agreements that do not start at the beginning of a fiscal year and apply to managed servers (physical or virtual).
Published rates are based on actual cost recovery methodology as set and approved by the Office of Accounting Costing and Analysis section. For more detailed information on how prices are set, see the ITS Rate Change Policies.
2012-2013 Year Pricing
|Service||Cost / Year|
|Base||$1,500 per server|
|Hourly||$65 per hour|
- Base Server Support provides operational support for physical and virtual servers. Operational support includes server hardening, planning, installation, configuration, security patches and updates, troubleshooting, monitoring and documentation.
- Hourly Support provides support for services beyond Base Server Support. Hourly Support can be provided upon request of the customer at fixed-price/fixed-scope consultations and projects at a rate of $65 per hour.
Trouble viewing the documents available on this page? Download the Adobe PDF Reader.