Public Internet Access
Experiencing poor wireless connectivity to the 'utexas' network in the residence halls? Report it here.
ITS provides the campus community, including students, faculty, staff, and official visitors, with wireless access to the university's network, UTnet, as well as to the Internet. Wireless connectivity is available in most campus buildings.
- Simple, secure wireless connections that use 802.1x authentication.
- Wireless connections are available in almost every building on campus.
External bandwidth allocation available at no cost to:
- Students: 500 MB/week (1 GB/week beginning Jan. 12, 2015)
- Faculty: 500 GB/week
- Major fellowships, full-time staff and official visitors: 50 GB/week
- Part-time staff: 10 GB/week
- Teaching Assistants: 50 GB/week (beginning Jan. 12, 2015)
To learn more about bandwidth, please see Bandwidth Details.
Options for purchasing or increasing bandwidth: