Wireless and Wired Public Internet Access
Experiencing poor wireless connectivity in the residence halls? Report it here.
ITS provides the campus community with both wired and wireless access to UTnet (the university's network), as well as the external Internet. Many public areas on campus have Ethernet ports, and wireless access is available in most campus buildings. Current students, faculty, staff, and official visitors can get access by logging in using their UT EID and password. A department's technical support contact can grant access for official guests.
- Simple, secure wireless connections that use 802.1x authentication with 'restricted.utexas.edu'.
- Wireless connections available in almost every building on campus.
- Wired connections available in many labs and libraries (refer to the wired access coverage directory).
External bandwidth available at no cost:
- Students: 500 MB/week
- Faculty: 100 GB/week
- Staff and official visitors: 10 GB/week
- Part-time staff: 5 GB/week
Options for supplemental bandwidth: