A Checklist for December Grads
Congratulations to all December graduates! Here's a checklist from Information Technology Services (ITS) to help you as you prepare to leave the university.
Things to Do
- Close your ITS accounts using the ITS Computer Account Services Web page.
- Pay any outstanding computer-related fees on the “What I Owe” page. Remember, until all outstanding charges are paid, you won’t receive your diploma or be able to obtain a copy of your official transcript. You can find additional information on the Failing to Pay page.
- Establish a new e-mail address with a commercial provider, such as Yahoo or Gmail. Forward your university e-mail (mail.utexas.edu) account to your new address, and notify your contacts of your new address. Remember, your email account expires six months after you graduate. Alternatively, you can join the Texas Exes organization and get a lifetime “@alumni.utexas.net” e-mail address.
Things to Know
- Your UT EID and password: These remain active after graduation. You need your EID and password to order transcripts, apply for a university job, or update your information with the Registrar.
- Your university ID card: You will no longer be able to use it for campus or city services, such as the campus libraries or city buses.
- Your WebSpace account: This account expires on the 12th class day of the semester following your graduation. Make sure to retrieve any stored files by this date.
- Access to BevoWare: BevoWare access is restricted to current students, faculty and staff at the university.
- Campus Computer Store: You can purchase discounted software up to six months after graduation at the Campus Computer Store.
- Microsoft software: If you bought Microsoft software through the Campus Computer Store, you own the license after you graduate. You will receive an email with instructions on how to obtain a Student License Confirmation to prove that you own the software.
- Other IT services:, Blackboard, student computer labs, and wired/wireless network access on campus are only available to current students, faculty, and staff at the university.
Please contact the ITS Help Desk if you have any questions or concerns.
Updated December 6, 2010