A Checklist for December 2011 Grads
Congratulations to all December graduates! Here's a checklist from Information Technology Services (ITS) to help you as you prepare to leave the university.
Things to Do
- Close your ITS accounts using the ITS Computer Account Services Web page.
- Pay any outstanding computer-related fees on the “What I Owe” page. Remember, until all outstanding charges are paid, you won’t receive your diploma or be able to obtain a copy of your official transcript. You can find additional information on the Failing to Pay page.
Things to Know
- Your UTmail account is for life! If you opted in to the UTmail service (@utexas.edu) you were able to choose your own account name and received 25+ GB of email storage. Now that you've graduated, you get to take your UTmail account with you! And it's not too late; if you don't have your @utexas.edu email address, your can still sign up. UTmail is a great way for students and alumni (that's you!) to continue to show Longhorn pride.
- Your UT EID and password: These remain active after graduation. You need your EID and password to order transcripts, apply for a university job, or update your information with the Registrar.
- Your university ID card: You will no longer be able to use it for campus or city services, such as the campus libraries or city buses.
- Your WebSpace account: This account expires on the 12th class day of the semester following your graduation. Make sure to retrieve any stored files by this date.
- Access to BevoWare: BevoWare access is restricted to current students, faculty and staff at the university.
- Campus Computer Store: You can purchase discounted software up to six months after graduation at the Campus Computer Store.
- Microsoft software: If you bought Microsoft software through the Campus Computer Store, you own the license after you graduate. You will receive an email with instructions on how to obtain a Student License Confirmation to prove that you own the software.
- Other IT services:, Blackboard, student computer labs, and wired/wireless network access on campus are only available to current students, faculty, and staff at the university.
Please contact the ITS Help Desk if you have any questions or concerns.
- Bevo Bucks
- Campus Computer Store
- ITS Computer Account Services Web page
- Software Distribution and Sales
- UT EID Self-Service Tools
Updated December 6, 2011