Stay Connected During the Holidays
At the end of the fall semester each year, Information Technology Services (ITS) provides a checklist for faculty and staff members who want to use campus IT resources during the winter break.
- E-mail – If you have an Austin Exchange Messaging Service (AEMS) account, you can access your messages and calendar by logging in to Outlook Web Access.
- SmartVoice – If your school or department provides you with a SmartVoice account, you can call the voice mail server access number (512-232-1000) or forward your voice messages to your e-mail inbox. You can also use the remote SmartVoice Web client. This allows you to access your messages from your computer or mobile device no matter where you are, 24/7.
- UTDirect - If you use UTDirect to interact with the university to complete tasks, receive official notifications or find out what will be going on around campus, you will still be able to do so during winter break.
- Wired and wireless network - If you are on campus during the break, the wired and wireless network will remain available so that you can still access UTnet (the university's network), as well as the external Internet.
- BevoWare—available at no cost to students, faculty and staff—offers a variety of software downloads that can help with remote access.
- The Virtual Private Network (VPN) provides a secure connection to campus from any computer that has an internet connection.
- Scheduled Maintenance during winter break may impact the availablity of some ITS services. Please check the maintenance calendar to avoid any conflicts.
- The ITS Help Desk is available to answer your questions on how to stay connected during winter break. The office will be closed from Friday, December 23, 2011 through Monday, January 2, 2012 and reopen with intersession hours on Tuesday, January 3, 2012.
- Austin Exchange Messaging Service
- ITS Help Desk
- Outlook Web Access
- UT Direct
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Wired and Wireless Network
Updated December 14, 2011