University Telephone Operators
The university operators answer The University of Texas at Austin's main telephone number, (512) 471-3434 or "0" from on campus, providing university directory information and call routing. Operators also dispense general information about the university and assist callers with features of the university telephone system.
- Available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Closed on holidays)
- Provide university telephone numbers and route calls to their proper destinations
- Assist callers who are having difficulties dialing
- Advise callers in the use of university telephone system features, such as pagers and conference calling
- Dispense general information about the university, including directions, university addresses and room numbers, and employee home addresses and phone numbers, if listed
- Provide directory information for: UT Austin, Pickle Research Campus (PRC), Applied Research Labs, UT System Offices, McDonald Observatory, Environmental Science Project, Marine Sciences Institute, Galveston Ship Facilities, and UT Admissions Office (Houston)
The university operator service is available at no cost to users.