Dell Blanket Purchase Order
The university's Purchasing Office has updated the purchasing process for obtaining Dell hardware. The agreement between Dell and HiEd continues to allow HUB credit for the university for purchases of Dell products by authorized university buyers. Departmental buyers no longer have to gather additional bids for products found on the Dell site. HiEd, a state-certified HUB, or historically underutilized business, manages the Campus Computer Store and its Web site.
Please read through the following instructions carefully before purchasing Dell computers.
Step 1: Obtain an E-Quote from Dell Premier
Step 2: Place an order through the eCommerce site.
Log on to POINT Plus to place an order through the eCommerce site.
After your department receives the invoice, complete the Purchase Order Payment Request form
IMPORTANT: For new buyers, or individuals wanting to obtain an e-quote to submit to their buyer, the first step in the process is to create a personal profile for logging on to the site. Contact our Dell account representatives to configure access.
The Dell Premier Site allows you to create your own personal profile for logging on to the site with your own personal password. If you do not already have a profile, you will need to contact our Dell account representatives to configure access.
- Go to the URL http://premier.dell.com/premier/ in your web browser.
- If you already have a profile registered with Dell:
- Click on Retrieve your Personal Profile.
- Enter the Email address and Personal Password that you registered with Dell, click submit.
- You should now view a screen with the fields Account (University of Texas [Buyer] is your only option) and Password (Choose your personal password). (You may also select Remember my Password if you would prefer not to re-enter your personal password each time you visit the site.) Click Sign-in.
Please Note: If you have not used this site before you will need to contact the Dell account representative for your school. If you do not know who that is, contact our Dell account representatives for more information.
- You should now see the main Premier Dell.com Screen. The
page should display current promotions, special offers, and
standard configurations available at deeply discounted prices.
- To obtain a price for a machine configuration, you can:
Choose a standard Configuration (bundle)
Click Customize under one of the standard configurations.
Create your own system
To select and price customer machines, click Systems in the blue navigation bar that runs across the top of the page (figure). You can then browse by system type (e.g. Desktops, Notebooks, etc.) to find the right product line and model. Each model should have a Customize button that you can use to create a custom configuration.
- Once you have completed your configuration to your satisfaction,
click the Update Price button located at the bottom of the screen
to update the listed total. (If you do not require any configuration changes, skip to next step.)
- At the top of the screen, click the Configuration
Details tab to view a full list of the options
you have chosen. Print this page from your browser (File
Menu > Print). You may have to adjust your browser's print
or font display settings to make sure all of the information
appears when printing. In addition, you can also save a
copy of the Web page to your computer (File > Save As).
- Once you have a printout and saved file of the machine
configuration, be sure to click the Add to Cart button
to add the machine to your order form/shopping cart.
- Once you are done shopping, click the My Cart link
to view your shopping cart and save it as an E-Quote. Click
the Save as E-quote button located at the bottom of
- You will be prompted to fill in some basic information about yourself before saving the E-quote. Fill in the requested information
and click on the Continue button.
- At the Confirm and Submit your E-quote screen, you will
not need to fill in the Send this E-Quote to your
section. Simply click the Save as E-quote button
to finish the E-quote process.
- We also suggest that you save a copy of the web page that
lists your E-quote number, expiration, name and address for
your records by using your Web browser's File
> Save As menu
- E-quotes will remain valid for 30 days.
REMEMBER: Do NOT attempt to make your purchase using the Dell Site. You must follow the UT Austin purchasing procedure to successfully order machines. Purchases submitted on the Dell Site WILL NOT BE FILLED! Use of the Dell Online Store is to obtain Pricing Information, Configuration Information and an E-Quote ONLY.
Note on Purchases Over $50,000
If your e-quote comes to $50,000 or greater, you will want to contact our Dell Inside Sales Consultant as you are eligible for additional discounting.
Inside Sales Representative
The University of Texas at Austin and the State of Texas have set goals involving the use of Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs). For details on the University's HUB program and its goals, please see the Purchasing Office's HUB Program page.
- Log on to POINT Plus.
- Click the eCommerce link in the Navigation Menu.
- Click the Dell Logo to enter the eCommerce screen.
- Follow the instructions on this screen to retrieve an E-Quote or create a new order.
- The order may be shipped to either Central Receiving or directly to your department.
- Route the completed purchase order for approval and to place the order.
- The equipment will be delivered to the address you designated on the PO
After your department receives the invoice, create the Purchase Order Payment Request form (VP1):
- In the Action field, enter NEW.
- In the Format field, enter 01.
- In the P.O. Nbr field, enter the PO#.
- Press the Enter key
Note: The UT EID field will automatically populate with HiEd’s information. Confirm that the UT EID field is: 2fqtm5b.
- In the Requested Pmt Date field, enter a payment date that is two weeks after the invoice was received.
- In the Requested PMT Reason field, enter “Special Vendor Agreement.”
- Complete the remainder of the VP1 as you normally do.
Who to Contact With Questions
Inside Sales Representative