Software downloads from Microsoft DreamSpark Web site are available at no cost. You can use an on-campus or off-campus network connection to download software from the DreamSpark site.
Files available from the DreamSpark site are large. A single download could use the remaining portion of your bandwidth quota for the week. Consider the following recommendations when downloading from DreamSpark:
- On campus — Use the DreamSpark Download Manager to pause and restart downloads to retrieve the file in pieces. This will help you avoid using all of your allotted bandwidth.
- Off campus — You can download the files without pausing the process.
NOTE: Downloading an application might take several hours, so make sure you have set aside enough time to allow the download to complete.
Downloading Software via DreamSpark
- Go to the DreamSpark product page, and click the product you want to download.
- If you want to review the software's system requirements, click Minimum System Requirements.
- Click Sign In. If the Sign In button isn't enabled, click Verify, enter your Microsoft Live ID e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields, and click Sign In.
- Click North America in the map in step one, verify that United States is selected in the drop-down menu in step two, and select your campus from the list in step three.
- Click Select and Continue.
- Enter your UT EID and password, and click Log In. If you are not shown a confirmation message, there might be a problem authenticating your UT EID. Visit the UT EID Self Service Tools, or contact your local help desk for more information.
- Click View All Products to Download, and you will be taken to the download page for the product you selected.
- Click the I have read and agree to the terms of the license agreement check box after reviewing the license agreement.
- If you want to download software in a language other than English, choose your language from the Please select your product language drop-down menu.
- If the Get Key button is at the bottom of the page, click it to get the software license key for your chosen product. Record the key in a safe place. You will need it to install your software. If you do not see the Get Key button, the software you are downloading does not require a license key.
- Click the Download button marked Download Manager.
- On campus — Periodically use the Pause button to suspend your download to ensure that you do not use your entire bandwidth quota. When paused, you can use the Exit button to quit the Download Manager. The Download Manager will place a link on your desktop that you can use to resume your download.
- Off campus — You can allow the download progress normally or use the Pause button to temporarily suspend your download.
The downloaded file will either be an executable file or a disk image called an ISO. Executable files can be run like any other program, but ISO files must be burned to CD or DVD.
If you encounter problems using the DreamSpark site, contact your local help desk. Please note that ITS does not provide technical support for software downloaded through DreamSpark.