The University of Texas System has entered into a volume licensing agreement with Oracle Corporation. This agreement provides both site licensing for certain products as well as a blanket order under which other products can be purchased.
Under this Oracle agreement, site licensing is in place across the entire UT System for the following products:
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition
- Internet Application Server Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Enterprise Manager - Tuning Pack
- Oracle Enterprise Manager - Diagnostic pack
- Real Application Clusters (RAC)
Annual technical support fees for these system-wide site licensed products will be divided among the UT System component institutions. It is up to each component to determine how these fees will be divided among its users/departments.
In addition, the UT Austin campus is site licensed for Partitioning.
Under this agreement each campus is able to obtain site licensing for individual products not already site licensed. In order to purchase a site license, a campus must purchase licensing for all full-time and part-time students, faculty, and staff. Exact pricing is subject to various factors, but is to be discounted at least 90% off of the Oracle Global Price List.
Campuses can choose from the following products available for site licensing:
- Oracle Database3 - Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition1, Personal Edition, Lite
- Enterprise Managers - Diagnostic Pack1, Tuning Pack1, Change Management Pack, Configuration Management Pack
- Enterprise Edition Options - Real Application Clusters1, Partitioning2, OLAP, Data Mining, Spatial, Advanced Security, Label Security
- Internet Application Server3 - IAS Standard Edition, IAS Enterprise Edition1, IAS Java Edition, Top Link
- Internet Application Server Enterprise Edition Options - Identity Management
- Collaboration -Collaboration Suite
1 Already site licensed for the entire UT System
2 Already site licensed for the UT Austin campus
3 Site licensing for Enterprise Editions includes usage rights for the lower editions (Personal, Standard, etc.) as well
Departments interested in purchasing products not licensed above are able to do so under this agreement without need to bid pricing to other vendors. Perpetual licenses and the first year of updates and/or product support can be purchased at a discount rate of at least 50% off of the Oracle Global Price List.
For a complete listing of available products, product description, licensing prerequisites, and migration path information, please see the Global Price List Supplement.
Technical Support (which includes Software updates, Product Support, and other Technical Support) for licenses purchased under this agreement is renewed annually and pricing is fixed thru February 2009. For technical support on site licensed products, although the price is fixed, you may be required to pay annual adjustments if your population counts increase.
For more information on Oracle's current Technical Support policies and offerings, please see Oracle Technical Support Policies.
Oracle Academic Initiative and Workforce Development Program
Under this agreement, teaching departments at schools in the UT System may participate in the Oracle Academic Initiative (OAI) and/or the Oracle Workforce Development Program (WDP) for instructional purposes. There is no membership fee provided the teaching department incorporates Oracle programs into its classroom teaching. For more information, and to register for these programs, please see
Oracle University Courses
Please see Training and Education.
Cost and Eligibility
This agreement covers all institutions in The University of Texas System as well as the UT System Office. Only departments may purchase under this agreement, but all faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students are licensed to use covered products on University-owned systems.
In addition, the following UT System 501 institutions are covered:
- UTMB Family HealthCare Systems
- University Physicians Group (UT Health Science Center San Antonio)
- UT MD Anderson Physicians Network
- Texas State Historical Association (UT Austin)
For reference, the Oracle Global Price List, which is updated annually, is available here. Please note, the below indicates the list price before discount.
- Oracle Global Price List (current as of April 20, 2007)
- Oracle Global Price List Supplement (current as of April 20, 2007) - includes information on license shipment contents, license prerequisites, and migration path information.
Pricing for all purchases is subject to the most current price lists as maintained by Oracle Corporation. Departments should contact Oracle for quotes and updated pricing information.
Trouble viewing the documents available on this page? Download the Adobe PDF Reader.