Current ITS Projects
- 7/24/2015 The expiration of ITS granted temporary Austin Active Directory (AAD) entitlements to Unaffiliated (Guest) EIDs on May 20, 2015 marked the end of this project.
ITS would like to thank the campus community and TSCs in assisting with the success of this project.
More information can be found on the project wiki. Please contact your Technical Support Coordinator (TSC) or local help desk technician for information and assistance with setting the AAD Entitlement. Additionally, you may contact the ITS Help desk at email@example.com.
- 6/8/2015 - Phase 2 migrations for Office 365 have been successfully completed! This phase included large scale mailbox migrations during April and May for areas such as the College of Communication, Athletics, the College of Liberal Arts, and the Offices of Development and Admissions. Both the mailbox migration failure rate and our migration issues rate were far below the targets of 5% and 15% respectively. The site champions from the migrating Colleges, Schools, and Units (CSUs), along with the dedicated Office 365 team, consisting of members from the ITS Help Desk, MITS, ATS, and ITS Systems, put in countless hours planning and preparing for the Office 365 2015 migrations. Their hard work was rewarded with very successful migrations this spring!
Now that spring migrations have concluded, the Office 365 team is moving on to additional project related tasks. Firstly, we are assisting several CSUs in moving from email servers they manage into Office 365. Secondly, we are performing a few on premise AEMS to Office 365 mailbox migrations for non-Academic units. Lastly, ad hoc mailbox migrations, which resumed on May 18th, may be requested via the ITS Help and Service Desk and will be considered on a case by case basis dependent upon business needs. If you are a technical representative of a College, School, or Unit and are interested in learning more about migrating to Office 365 please contact the Office365 project manager Sabina Winters.
Ongoing Updates: Office 365 Migration
- 10/7/2014 - ITS Networking is upgrading roughly half of the wireless network access points located across campus to both greatly improve wireless network service as well as life cycle units approaching the end of their service. This effort began in the residence halls at the beginning of summer 2014 and will continue across the rest of campus throughout fall 2014 and spring 2015.
- 6/17/2015 - Requirements have been updated and approved by the CSC. Design phase began 6/10/15 and will continue through the summer.
- 5/8/2015 - The Managed Drupal Hosting Assessment (MDHA) project is in the Close phase, and in the middle of the procurement process. The contract with Pantheon is estimated to be completed at the end of June.
After Pantheon's selection as the hosting solution, the Managed Drupal Implementation Project (MDIP) initiated in March 2015. The MDIP will include the development of the Managed Drupal service and its functions. Currently, the Plan phase has been completed and the project team is working on defining the new service and its funding model. The Service Definition phase will be completed by the end of July.
- 5/7/2015 - The UI/Backend Upgrade project is an enhancement of the Regroup-based Group E-Mail solution rolled out in 2014, providing better support for new lists, improved and more consistent administrative roles, more departmental control, and better tracking of changes. This project will also position Group E-Mail to remove its reliance on the mainframe. We have completed the Requirements phase and are nearing the end of the Design phase.
- 7/13/2015 - The statement of work was finalized and sent to Vendors. Responses are due August 7th.
- 7/13/2015 - Requirements have been finalized and approved by the CSC. Solution analysis is underway.
- 9/8/2014 - The project is close to completing the Build phase. We are working with the vendor and the Identity and Access Management team to implement authorization and authentication for secure messaging. We expect to complete this task in September, at which point we will begin testing the solution end-to-end. Deployment is scheduled for October, 2014.
- 7/24/2015 - All site migrations of SharePoint 2007 to Sharepoint 2013 have been completed. Thank all who participated in assisting ITS in our efforts to do so. ITS will now begin the process of decommissioning the SP07 service. As a result, all sites in the SP07 environment are currently in read-in only mode but will remain accessible through August 31, 2015.
If you had a site on SharePoint 2007 and you feel it necessary, please take this time to review your SP07 content and notify the ITS Help Desk as soon as possible if anything has not been migrated. On August 31, 2015, you will no longer have access to your sites on SP07.
SharePoint 2007 will be retired on August 31, 2015.
The project will continue through the fall semester 2015 with SharePoint 2010 migrations.For current SharePoint 2010 site owners, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin planning your migration.
- 1/9/2015 - Deployments for Wave 3 buildings are in process and Wave 4 surveys are underway. Over 13,300 phone lines have been converted or suspended so far. For additional information on the project and the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.
- 5/11/2015 - The Web Central Service Retirement (WCSR) project initiated in March 2015 and has been endorsed by IT governance. The Plan phase was completed at the end of April when the internal steering committee approved the Project Charter and Communication Plan. Currently the project team has been working on the Design phase that includes identifying the Web Central files that will be archived during wave 1, and also documenting alternative service action plans that will enable customers choose the most suitable solution to migrate to. The Design phase will be completed at the end of July 2015.