Current ITS Projects
- 3/4/2015 - ITS granted temporary Austin Active Directory (AAD) entitlements to Unaffiliated (Guest) EIDs used for Austin Exchange and Austin Disk services. The temporary entitlements expire on Wednesday, May 20, 2015.
If these accounts need to remain active for a longer period, each EID will need the AAD Entitlement updated by someone from your organization or changes to the affiliation via Human Resources or student records.
More information can be found on the project wiki. Please contact your Technical Support Coordinator (TSC) or local help desk technician for information and assistance with setting the AAD Entitlement. Additionally, you may contact the ITS Help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5/5/2015 - Phase 2 migrations for Office 365 are underway! Phase 2 includes large scale migration activities for College of Communication, Athletics, College of Liberal Arts, and Office of Development just to name a few. These migrations will conclude May 12th and have been greatly successful. Our current mailbox failure rate target is less than 5% but our actual failure rate is below 1% with about 70% of mailbox migrations complete at this time. If you are a technical representative of a College, School, or Unit and are interested in learning more about migrating to Office 365 please contact the Office365 project manager Sabina Winters. Restarting May 18th, ad-hoc migrations of mailboxes will still be considered on a case by case basis dependent upon business needs and may be requested via the Help and Service Desk. Ongoing Updates: Office 365 Migration
- 10/7/2014 - ITS Networking is upgrading roughly half of the wireless network access points located across campus to both greatly improve wireless network service as well as life cycle units approaching the end of their service. This effort began in the residence halls at the beginning of summer 2014 and will continue across the rest of campus throughout fall 2014 and spring 2015.
- 3/19/2015 - Project planning is complete. The customer steering committee has been formed and will kick off on 3/30/15. Preliminary requirements gathering underway by project team.
- 3/24/2015 - The UT Drupal Kit, a new service and the main deliverable of the Drupal Foundation Project (DFP), was launched at the end of January, and the project has officially closed.
The Digital Experience Environment Project (DEEP) is in the process of being closed. Test, Qual, and Prod environments have all been delivered to the DigX project team.
The Internal Steering Committee of the Managed Drupal Hosting Assessment (MDHA) project has evaluated the hosting products and has made the final selection for the Managed Drupal hosting platform, which is Pantheon One. Currently, the project team is working on the procurement process.
- 2/17/2014 - The new Group E-Mail system launched Monday, February 17, 2014. The Group E-Mail system is used when informational, promotional, and urgent messages sanctioned by the University need to be sent to specific groups across campus. The new system addresses a long-standing campus need for a new, more functional and feature rich solution; "Custom-Urgent" Group E-mail was previously deployed in spring 2013.
- 4/13/2015 - The project team is developing a statement of work to select an implementation partner.
- 4/13/2015 - Requirements gathering is underway by the project team with the customer steering committee.
- 9/8/2014 - The project is close to completing the Build phase. We are working with the vendor and the Identity and Access Management team to implement authorization and authentication for secure messaging. We expect to complete this task in September, at which point we will begin testing the solution end-to-end. Deployment is scheduled for October, 2014.
- 3/18/2015 - Migrations to SharePoint 2013 are currently underway and expected to continue through fall semester 2015. For current SharePoint 2007 and 2010 customers, please send email to email@example.com to begin planning your migration.
- 1/9/2015 - Deployments for Wave 3 buildings are in process and Wave 4 surveys are underway. Over 13,300 phone lines have been converted or suspended so far. For additional information on the project and the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.