Current ITS Projects
- 12/5/2013 - ITS will establish an automated process to enable and disable accounts in Austin Active Directory based upon EID affiliations and entitlements. At the upcoming "FYI" session (10:00 AM, December 11 in POB 2.302) ITS will share more about the implementation timeline and how this process will impact Austin AD users across the UT community.
- 8/12/2013 - Migrations are being put on hold until issues are worked out, fully tested, and the backlog of support requests at the ITS Help Desk are addressed. This will enable us to develop a revised action plan and schedule before we resume the migrations. An upcoming meeting for Technical Support Contacts (TSCs) is scheduled for August 15th.
Ongoing Updates: Office 365 Migration
- 12/20/2013 - The UTLogin team continues to fulfill and support incoming UTLogin request applications and installations. Additionally, the team completed the build and test of the UTLogin 2014.2.0 Release, which was deployed on December 18, 2013. In the new year, the team will continue to assist clients in meeting their Transition Group deadlines as well as completing upcoming UTLogin releases in the spring of 2014.
- 8/26/2013 - Beginning fall semester 2013, Canvas is available to all faculty for all courses. For more information about Canvas at UT Austin, visit http://canvas.utexas.edu.
- 7/30/2013 - The Urgent Email System was deployed on 4/19/13. Phase 2 of the project (Regroup) is in the final stages of development. Due to additional scope requirements, the deployment of this project has been moved back to late Fall, early Winter.
- 12/20/2013 - The team completed the development of guidelines and standards to help address the growing number of cloud-based services in use by campus departments and the identity management challenges faced as those services have been implemented. The IAM Cloud Integration Guidelines and Standards are published under the CIO policies.
- 12/20/2013 - The project team is working with an advisory consultant to draft and refine requirements and various components of the RFP. The next steps are to review the documents with stakeholders to finalize the RFP for release.
- 10/16/2013 - All surveys for Wave 1 buildings have been completed and deployments have begun. Over 1,000 lines have been converted or suspended so far. Surveys of Wave 2 buildings are starting as the schedule permits. For additional information on the project on the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.
- 12/20/2013 - The requirements phase will be closed pending executive review in the second week of January. Vendor evaluation against these requirements has begun and will continue through February. More frequent updates can be found At the ITS Service Provisioning blog.
- 12/16/2013 - With the UT Web detailed design complete and a proof of concept underway, 2014 is shaping up to be an exciting year for the project! Availability of UT Web is targeted for mid-2014, and in preparation, the project team is pleased to announce a series of focused, on-site, one-on-one meetings with both current Web Central customers and prospective UT Web customers to review the project’s progress and upcoming timeline, discuss what to expect in 2014, and answer any questions you may have. Please contact UT Web project manager David Moss to schedule a meeting..
- 10/16/2013 - WebSpace, a legacy online file storage, is scheduled to be retired on May 19, 2014. This project will include a comprehensive communication plan as well as working directly with users to migrate content to alternatives solutions such as UTBox or Google Drive/Sites.
Details of FY 2011-12 Projects
Detailed timelines for the projects for each ITS department are provided below.
- ITS Applications 2012 project plan (PDF)
- ITS Networking 2011-12 project plan (PDF)
- ITS Systems 2011-12 project plan (PDF)
- Information Security Office 2011-12 project plan (PDF)
Trouble viewing the documents available on this page? Download the Adobe PDF Reader.