Current ITS Projects
- 4/9/2014 - TSCs are now able to set the AAD Entitlement for Guest EIDs using the UT EID Lookup. Users must ensure that AAD entitlement has been set for guest EIDs used in AEMS, Office 365 and Austin Disk created on or after May 16, 2014. Remediation of EIDs will begin on May 19, 2014.
Hardware for the “refresh” has been procured and provisioned. The project team is continuing to refresh the existing hardware for the domain controllers and name servers and is expected to be completed by the end of April.
A recording of a previous FYI session discussing this project is available for viewing at mediasite. If you have any questions about this project, please review the FAQ or contact the Active Directory R&R project manager, Brian Hurdle at firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-232-0713.
- 3/24/2014 - The UTLogin team continues to fulfill and support incoming UTLogin requests and installations. The team is working with remaining customers closely to support their final transition steps before Transition Group 4 can begin. Additionally, the team is in the middle of testing for two upcoming releases: 1) UTLogin 2014.2.2 Release, to be deployed on April 2, 2014, and 2) UTLogin 2014.3.0, to be deployed May 31, 2014.
- 8/26/2013 - Beginning fall semester 2013, Canvas is available to all faculty for all courses. For more information about Canvas at UT Austin, visit http://canvas.utexas.edu.
- 4/10/2014 - The Plan phase for the first of the three Drupal Services Program projects, the Drupal Foundation Project (DFP), was completed in February. Currently the project team, in collaboration with the Customer Steering Committee, is in the process of documenting the requirements. The DFP Requirements phase is expected to conclude by the end of April.
Additionally, the Plan phase of the Digital Experience Environment Project (DEEP), the second project of the program, was initiated in March.
- 2/17/2014 - The new Group E-Mail system launched Monday, February 17, 2014. The Group E-Mail system is used when informational, promotional, and urgent messages sanctioned by the University need to be sent to specific groups across campus. The new system addresses a long-standing campus need for a new, more functional and feature rich solution; "Custom-Urgent" Group E-mail was previously deployed in spring 2013.
- 12/20/2013 - The team completed the development of guidelines and standards to help address the growing number of cloud-based services in use by campus departments and the identity management challenges faced as those services have been implemented. The IAM Cloud Integration Guidelines and Standards are published under the CIO policies.
- 3/24/2014 - As of March 6, 2014, the RFP to select IAM software was released. The team is preparing for responding to vendor questions and the review of vendor responses.
- 3/18/2014 - As of 3/18/2014, the planning phase is complete. Requirements validation and discovery to begin on 3/24/2014.
- 3/28/2014 - Planning, Requirements, and Solution Selection Phases are complete, and asoftware license for the encryption product has been procured. The project is now in the Design phase having made the decision to utilize SAML for authentication.
- 4/9/2014 - The requirements and design activities for Phase 1 of the UT Direct Second Factor Authentication project have been completed and system development is underway.
- 3/28/2014 - Exciting progress is being made on the UT Web Infrastructure project, which is one step closer to launching a new, panel-based shared web hosting platform that will ultimately replace Web Central.
After the detailed design was completed last year, the project team began working on two proof-of-concept phases. Phase 1 began in November 2013 with a goal to ensure the technologies proposed in the design functioned as expected. The full UT Web technology stack was installed and configured and content was served and accessed, including pages protected by UTLogin. This phase was completed in late January 2014 and met all the success criteria. Based on this, the project steering committee unanimously endorsed moving into Phase 2.
Phase 2, which officially began this past Monday, February 24, 2014, builds on the knowledge gained during Phase 1. The focus will be on advanced testing, such as validating performance and high availability, and disaster recovery and business continuity strategies. Customer migration testing and documentation is also included in Phase 2 which is expected to conclude in May 2014. At that time, with steering committee approval, the build phase of the project will begin with a target of having UT Web available for campus during the summer of 2014.
Currently, the project team is busy conducting a series of focused, on-site, one-on-one meetings with both existing Web Central customers and prospective UT Web customers to review the project’s progress and upcoming timeline and answer questions. To date, the project team has met with nearly a dozen colleges, schools and units. If you would be interested in having one of these meetings, please contact the UT Web Infrastructure project manager, David Moss (email@example.com, 512-471-9066).
- 10/16/2013 - All surveys for Wave 1 buildings have been completed and deployments have begun. Over 1,000 lines have been converted or suspended so far. Surveys of Wave 2 buildings are starting as the schedule permits. For additional information on the project on the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.
- 10/16/2013 - WebSpace, a legacy online file storage, is scheduled to be retired on May 19, 2014. This project will include a comprehensive communication plan as well as working directly with users to migrate content to alternatives solutions such as UTBox or Google Drive/Sites.
Details of FY 2011-12 Projects
Detailed timelines for the projects for each ITS department are provided below.
- ITS Applications 2012 project plan (PDF)
- ITS Networking 2011-12 project plan (PDF)
- ITS Systems 2011-12 project plan (PDF)
- Information Security Office 2011-12 project plan (PDF)
Trouble viewing the documents available on this page? Download the Adobe PDF Reader.