Current ITS Projects
- 12/5/2013 - ITS will establish an automated process to enable and disable accounts in Austin Active Directory based upon EID affiliations and entitlements. At the upcoming "FYI" session (10:00 AM, December 11 in POB 2.302) ITS will share more about the implementation timeline and how this process will impact Austin AD users across the UT community.
- 8/12/2013 - Migrations are being put on hold until issues are worked out, fully tested, and the backlog of support requests at the ITS Help Desk are addressed. This will enable us to develop a revised action plan and schedule before we resume the migrations. An upcoming meeting for Technical Support Contacts (TSCs) is scheduled for August 15th.
Ongoing Updates: Office 365 Migration
- 9/25/2013 - The UTLogin team continues to fulfill and support incoming UTLogin request applications and installations. The team is now in the final stages of testing for the UTLogin 2014.1.0 release and expanding UTLogin to Transition Group 3. As more clients are brought on, the team also continues to gather input on help documentation that is being published and updated on the ITS UTLogin site.
- 8/26/2013 - Beginning fall semester 2013, Canvas is available to all faculty for all courses. For more information about Canvas at UT Austin, visit http://canvas.utexas.edu.
- 7/30/2013 - The Urgent Email System was deployed on 4/19/13. Phase 2 of the project (Regroup) is in the final stages of development. Due to additional scope requirements, the deployment of this project has been moved back to late Fall, early Winter.
- 9/25/2013 - The project team has developed and finalized four case studies to help in the development of IAM cloud integration guidelines based on previous experiences. The project team compiled a set of questions to guide peer university interviews and began to draft guidelines. Peer universities have been sent requests for information about their environments.
- 9/25/2013 - The project team has been assembled and drafted initial use cases that will contribute to requirements development. Another set of use cases is being worked over the course of the next two weeks. The team is also working through finalizing the statement of work for the RFP advisory consulting engagement.
- 10/16/2013 - All surveys for Wave 1 buildings have been completed and deployments have begun. Over 1,000 lines have been converted or suspended so far. Surveys of Wave 2 buildings are starting as the schedule permits. For additional information on the project on the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.
- 9/16/2013 - Initial project planning activities are complete and requirements definition will begin shortly.
- 10/31/2013 - The UT Web project recently reached a significant milestone when the detailed design was approved by the customer steering committee. An overview of the design was recently presented as part of the “FYI” series. If you were unable to attend the presentation, the event was recorded and available for viewing here: http://mediasite.aces.utexas.edu/UTMediasite/Play/......
- 10/16/2013 - WebSpace, a legacy online file storage, is scheduled to be retired on May 19, 2014. This project will include a comprehensive communication plan as well as working directly with users to migrate content to alternatives solutions such as UTBox or Google Drive/Sites.
Details of FY 2011-12 Projects
Detailed timelines for the projects for each ITS department are provided below.
- ITS Applications 2012 project plan (PDF)
- ITS Networking 2011-12 project plan (PDF)
- ITS Systems 2011-12 project plan (PDF)
- Information Security Office 2011-12 project plan (PDF)
Trouble viewing the documents available on this page? Download the Adobe PDF Reader.