Current ITS Projects
- 9/9/2014 - The Austin AD Remediation project has successfully completed the disabling phase of the Active Directory Remediation project disabling 728,282 AD EID accounts. The Austin AD is now in compliance with and fulfills the requirements given by Internal Audits. Verification of eligibility for Exchange mailboxes and Austin Disk shares began on May 19, 2014. To maintain eligibility, an EID holder must possess either the appropriate affiliation or the AAD Entitlement.
There are two remaining important dates. ITS granted temporary Austin Active Directory (AAD) entitlements to guest EIDs used for Austin Exchange services and Austin Disk and all former faculty. The temporary entitlements expire:
- Monday, September 22, 2014 - Former Faculty EIDs
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - Unaffiliated (Guest) EIDs with Austin Exchange or Austin Disk Services
If these accounts need to remain active for a longer period, each EID will need the AAD Entitlement updated by someone from your organization or changes to the affiliation via Human Resources or student records.
More information can be found on the project wiki. Please contact your Technical Support Coordinator (TSC) or local help desk technician for information and assistance with setting the AAD Entitlement. Additionally, you may contact the ITS Help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9/11/2014 - Phase 1 migrations are complete. Planning for large scale migrations will not resume until after final recommendations of the AIC Email Subcommittee are published later this fall. Ad-hoc migrations of individual mailboxes to be in alignment with department members may be requested via the Help Desk. The Office365 team is working with individual departments on Exchange data remediation and Office365 pre-migration testing. If you are interested in assistance with either, please make a request via the Office365 project manager Sabina Winters.
Ongoing Updates: Office 365 Migration
- 9/10/2014 - On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 the university will complete its last step in the transition of many university web applications to UTLogin: the UT Direct production environment will be transitioned to use UTLogin. The CASI Project will begin close out activities in the coming weeks.
In the meantime, the team has been working on support tickets, the testing of the latest WPA version, and the upcoming UTLogin release. The UTLogin 2015.1.0 release will be deployed into Production on November 23, 2014. This release will be the upgrade of UTLogin to the latest software version.
- 7/11/2014 - The Drupal Foundation Project (DFP) team has decided to break the project into two parts, due to scheduling and resource considerations. The first part will deliver the Drupal Distribution Package (DDP), that will include the Drupal 7 core, a number of commonly used Drupal modules and a UT branded theme. Currently, the project team is working on the Design phase, and the delivery of the DDP is estimated to be completed in January 2015.
Also, the Plan phase of the Digital Experience Environment Project (DEEP) has been completed, and the project team is working on the Requirements phase, which is estimated to end in October 2014.
- 2/17/2014 - The new Group E-Mail system launched Monday, February 17, 2014. The Group E-Mail system is used when informational, promotional, and urgent messages sanctioned by the University need to be sent to specific groups across campus. The new system addresses a long-standing campus need for a new, more functional and feature rich solution; "Custom-Urgent" Group E-mail was previously deployed in spring 2013.
- 9/10/2014 - The team completed the onsite vendor demos. Based on the presentations and reference checks, the Evaluation Team identified a top ranked solution. The team has gained approval from the executive sponsors to begin contract negotiations for the selected solution.
- 9/8/2014 - The project is close to completing the Build phase. We are working with the vendor and the Identity and Access Management team to implement authorization and authentication for secure messaging. We expect to complete this task in September, at which point we will begin testing the solution end-to-end. Deployment is scheduled for October, 2014.
- 9/12/2014 - Migrations to SharePoint 2013 are currently underway and expected to continue through fall semester 2015. For current SharePoint 2007 and 2010 customers, please send email to email@example.com to begin planning your migration.
- 9/12/2014 - UT Web, the university’s new shared web hosting environment, is targeted for availability in October 2014. In preparation, the project team has created the following survey to help identify campus customers who are planning to migrate websites to UT Web (both current Web Central customers as well as new customers). We ask that you please complete the survey linked below to help us better understand your website(s) and scheduling preferences: https://utexas.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2ueNKRkT7N5nc5D
- 9/3/2014 - Deployments for Wave 2 buildings are finishing up. Over 9,200 phone lines have been converted or suspended so far. Surveys of Wave 3 buildings continue. For additional information on the project and the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.