Current ITS Projects
- 12/17/2014 - ITS granted temporary Austin Active Directory (AAD) entitlements to Unaffiliated (Guest) EIDs used for Austin Exchange and Austin Disk services. The temporary entitlements expire on Wednesday, May 20, 2015.
If these accounts need to remain active for a longer period, each EID will need the AAD Entitlement updated by someone from your organization or changes to the affiliation via Human Resources or student records.
More information can be found on the project wiki. Please contact your Technical Support Coordinator (TSC) or local help desk technician for information and assistance with setting the AAD Entitlement. Additionally, you may contact the ITS Help desk at email@example.com.
- 1/5/2015 - On December 12, 2014, AIC approved the recommendations of the AIC Calendaring and Email Subcommittee. With this endorsement, Phase 2 planning for migrations to Office365 is starting this month. The new Outlook for Mac is being released to faculty and staff using Office365 on January 6, 2015. Ad-hoc migrations of mailboxes will be considered on a case by case basis dependent upon business needs and may be requested via the Help Desk. The Office365 team is working with individual departments on Exchange data remediation and Office365 pre-migration testing. If you are interested in assistance with either, please make a request via the Office365 project manager Sabina Winters.
Ongoing Updates: Office 365 Migration
- 10/7/2014 - ITS Networking is upgrading roughly half of the wireless network access points located across campus to both greatly improve wireless network service as well as life cycle units approaching the end of their service. This effort began in the residence halls at the beginning of summer 2014 and will continue across the rest of campus throughout fall 2014 and spring 2015.
- 1/16/2015 - The IAM Committee has approved the CARE project charter and project planning is underway.
- 10/3/2014 - With the Production release of UTLogin on September 16, 2014, the last transition step for the CASI project has been completed. All issues related to the release have been resolved.
- 12/18/2014 - The Drupal Foundation Project (DFP) is in the Test phase, which will end in January 2015. The project deliverables for the new UT Drupal Kit service have been tested and the testing results are currently being documented. The next step is to deploy the UT Drupal Kit in February 2015.
The Digital Experience Environment Project (DEEP) is in the Build phase, which is scheduled to be completed in January 2015. The Testing phase will begin in mid-December in separate environment test waves, and will be completed in February 2015.
The Managed Drupal Hosting Assessment (MDHA) project has begun and the Plan phase will be completed by the end of this month. The Requirements phase is in progress, and the project requirements have been approved. The team is currently conducting peer institution interviews and is working on identifying the vendor selection criteria. The Requirements phase will be completed in February 2015.
- 2/17/2014 - The new Group E-Mail system launched Monday, February 17, 2014. The Group E-Mail system is used when informational, promotional, and urgent messages sanctioned by the University need to be sent to specific groups across campus. The new system addresses a long-standing campus need for a new, more functional and feature rich solution; "Custom-Urgent" Group E-mail was previously deployed in spring 2013.
- 1/16/2015 - The IAM Committee has approved the IAM Modernization Program charter and planning for the projects within the program is underway.
- 1/6/2015 - The team has completed the selection process of the IAM software. Project planning has begun and future updates will be reported under the IAM Modernization Program and related projects.
- 9/8/2014 - The project is close to completing the Build phase. We are working with the vendor and the Identity and Access Management team to implement authorization and authentication for secure messaging. We expect to complete this task in September, at which point we will begin testing the solution end-to-end. Deployment is scheduled for October, 2014.
- 12/4/2014 - Migrations to SharePoint 2013 are currently underway and expected to continue through fall semester 2015. For current SharePoint 2007 and 2010 customers, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin planning your migration.
- 12/16/2014 - UT Web, the university's new shared web hosting platform, celebrates another milestone as the first customer sites are now live! Both clm.utexas.edu and neuroscience.utexas.edu went online in late November. Several additional customer migrations from Web Central are underway and reservations for the Winter 2015 migration phase are now being accepted. For additional information, including how to request service, please visit www.utexas.edu/its/utweb.
- 1/9/2015 - Deployments for Wave 3 buildings are in process and Wave 4 surveys are underway. Over 13,300 phone lines have been converted or suspended so far. For additional information on the project and the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.