Current ITS Projects
- 10/1/2014 - The Austin AD Remediation project has successfully completed the disabling phase of the Active Directory Remediation project disabling 728,282 AD EID accounts. The Austin AD is now in compliance with and fulfills the requirements given by Internal Audits. Verification of eligibility for Exchange mailboxes and Austin Disk shares began on May 19, 2014. To maintain eligibility, an EID holder must possess either the appropriate affiliation or the AAD Entitlement.
There is one final date of importance. There are two remaining important dates. ITS granted temporary Austin Active Directory (AAD) entitlements to Unaffiliated (Guest) EIDs used for Austin Exchange and Austin Disk services. The temporary entitlements expire on Wednesday, May 20, 2015.
If these accounts need to remain active for a longer period, each EID will need the AAD Entitlement updated by someone from your organization or changes to the affiliation via Human Resources or student records.
More information can be found on the project wiki. Please contact your Technical Support Coordinator (TSC) or local help desk technician for information and assistance with setting the AAD Entitlement. Additionally, you may contact the ITS Help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10/28/2014 - Phase 1 migrations are complete. Planning for Phase 2 migrations will not resume until after final recommendations of the AIC Calendaring and Email Subcommittee are completed later this fall. Ad-hoc migrations of mailboxes will be considered on a case by case basis dependent upon business needs and may be requested via the Help Desk. The Office365 team is working with individual departments on Exchange data remediation and Office365 pre-migration testing. If you are interested in assistance with either, please make a request via the Office365 project manager Sabina Winters.
Ongoing Updates: Office 365 Migration
- 10/7/2014 - ITS Networking is upgrading roughly half of the wireless network access points located across campus to both greatly improve wireless network service as well as life cycle units approaching the end of their service. This effort began in the residence halls at the beginning of summer 2014 and will continue across the rest of campus throughout fall 2014 and spring 2015.
- 10/3/2014 - With the Production release of UTLogin on September 16, 2014, the last transition step for the CASI project has been completed. All issues related to the release have been resolved.
- 10/21/2014 - The Drupal Foundation Project (DFP) is in the Build phase that will end in December 2014. The main deliverables of the project, the Drupal Distribution Package (DDP) and the custom UTLogin module, have been completed. The project team is now developing documentation for the project elements. The next step is to move on with the Testing phase that is scheduled to initiate in November 2014.
The Digital Experience Environment Project (DEEP) is in the Design phase that is scheduled to be completed in December 2014. Architecture decisions have been made, and the project team is in the process of creating the Design Blueprint document. The Build phase is scheduled to begin in November 2014.
The Managed Drupal project Plan phase is scheduled to begin in October 2014.
- 2/17/2014 - The new Group E-Mail system launched Monday, February 17, 2014. The Group E-Mail system is used when informational, promotional, and urgent messages sanctioned by the University need to be sent to specific groups across campus. The new system addresses a long-standing campus need for a new, more functional and feature rich solution; "Custom-Urgent" Group E-mail was previously deployed in spring 2013.
- 9/10/2014 - The team completed the onsite vendor demos. Based on the presentations and reference checks, the Evaluation Team identified a top ranked solution. The team has gained approval from the executive sponsors to begin contract negotiations for the selected solution.
- 9/8/2014 - The project is close to completing the Build phase. We are working with the vendor and the Identity and Access Management team to implement authorization and authentication for secure messaging. We expect to complete this task in September, at which point we will begin testing the solution end-to-end. Deployment is scheduled for October, 2014.
- 10/3/2014 - Migrations to SharePoint 2013 are currently underway and expected to continue through fall semester 2015. For current SharePoint 2007 and 2010 customers, please send email to email@example.com to begin planning your migration.
- 10/21/2014 - UT Web has successfully completed the technical readiness assessment by the project steering committee, and is now available in production as the university's new shared web hosting platform. Schools, colleges and units who have already completed the migration planning and scheduling survey sent last month will be contacted this week. Migrations from Web Central will begin immediately and are scheduled to run through December 2015.
For more information on UT Web, including how to request service, please visit www.utexas.edu/its/utweb.
- 10/10/2014 - Deployments for Wave 2 buildings are almost complete and Wave 3 deployments have begun. Over 10,500 phone lines have been converted or suspended so far. Surveys of Wave 3 buildings are nearing completion. For additional information on the project and the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.