Current ITS Projects
- 10/7/2014 - ITS Networking is upgrading roughly half of the wireless network access points located across campus to both greatly improve wireless network service as well as life cycle units approaching the end of their service. This effort began in the residence halls at the beginning of summer 2014 and will continue across the rest of campus throughout fall 2014 and spring 2015.
- 10/29/2015 - Due to resource constraints, the CARE project has been put on hold following the conclusion of the architecture assessment phase. The CSC has endorsed the summary presented by the CARE team. The project may be reinstated at a future date.
- 11/3/2015 - The project is currently in the Solution Analysis phase that will be completed by February 2016. The Request for Proposal (RFP) for a cloud hosting platform provider was issued on 10/1/15 with a bid submission deadline on 11/11/15. The vendor will be selected in December 2015. An authentication plug-in for WordPress is currently being investigated for integration with the UTLogin system.
- 11/19/2015 - Project planning complete and technical implementation on key systems is underway.
- 5/7/2015 - The UI/Backend Upgrade project is an enhancement of the Regroup-based Group E-Mail solution rolled out in 2014, providing better support for new lists, improved and more consistent administrative roles, more departmental control, and better tracking of changes. This project will also position Group E-Mail to remove its reliance on the mainframe. We have completed the Requirements phase and are nearing the end of the Design phase.
- 10/1/2015 - Vendor responses to the Implementation Partner Statement of Work were received and are being evaluated.
- 10/1/2015 - The research summary and roadmap have been endorsed by the CSC. The project team also continues to interview campus stakeholders to understand their Guest EID use cases. The project team will begin working with Purchasing to determine next steps for the procurement of a solution to meet the lightweight authentication requirements
- 9/8/2014 - The project is close to completing the Build phase. We are working with the vendor and the Identity and Access Management team to implement authorization and authentication for secure messaging. We expect to complete this task in September, at which point we will begin testing the solution end-to-end. Deployment is scheduled for October, 2014.
- 7/24/2015 - All site migrations of SharePoint 2007 to Sharepoint 2013 have been completed. Thank all who participated in assisting ITS in our efforts to do so. ITS will now begin the process of decommissioning the SP07 service. As a result, all sites in the SP07 environment are currently in read-in only mode but will remain accessible through August 31, 2015.
If you had a site on SharePoint 2007 and you feel it necessary, please take this time to review your SP07 content and notify the ITS Help Desk as soon as possible if anything has not been migrated. On August 31, 2015, you will no longer have access to your sites on SP07.
SharePoint 2007 will be retired on August 31, 2015.
The project will continue through the fall semester 2015 with SharePoint 2010 migrations.For current SharePoint 2010 site owners, please send an email to email@example.com to begin planning your migration.
- As of October 2015 - The buildings noted on the VoIP Wiki page have been completed with the exception of the analog lines and call centers. Over 21,797 lines have been covered or suspended to date.
- 11/3/2015 - The WCSR project team has been communicating with Web Central website owners about their migration plans and will have the final project migration plan completed by the end of November. All UTS email users and website owners have been identified and are being informed about the April 2016 UTS retirement date. The WCSR team is helping UTS owners identify alternative solutions. The Migrations phase has started and will continue until the end of July 2016. During this time, the team will contact each website owner for four check-in points to ensure that website migrations proceed as planned, and if a check-in is missed, an escalation progress will be activated.