Current ITS Projects
- 10/7/2014 - ITS Networking is upgrading roughly half of the wireless network access points located across campus to both greatly improve wireless network service as well as life cycle units approaching the end of their service. This effort began in the residence halls at the beginning of summer 2014 and will continue across the rest of campus throughout fall 2014 and spring 2015.
- 10/29/2015 - Due to resource constraints, the CARE project has been put on hold following the conclusion of the architecture assessment phase. The CSC has endorsed the summary presented by the CARE team. The project may be reinstated at a future date.
- 7/26/2016 - Requirements gathering phase has been completed; about to be reviewed with Purchasing as a prelude to entering TAI Identify.
- 7/22/2016 - All UT QuickSites Early Adopters sites have been built, tested, and successfully launched. The UT QuickSites service will officially launch in mid-August. The Hosted CMS Drupal and WordPress service is being designed and the service processes are being identified. A detailed scheduled for Hosted CMS will be available at the end of August.
- 6/9/2016 - As of March 14, 2016, VPN is covered by Two-Factor Authentication (Duo). Access to the My Paycheck Profile, W-2 download, non-payroll bank routing information, and Emergency Loan applications will transition from Toopher to Duo starting in June 2016. Toopher will be retired in August 2016.
- 5/7/2015 - The UI/Backend Upgrade project is an enhancement of the Regroup-based Group E-Mail solution rolled out in 2014, providing better support for new lists, improved and more consistent administrative roles, more departmental control, and better tracking of changes. This project will also position Group E-Mail to remove its reliance on the mainframe. We have completed the Requirements phase and are nearing the end of the Design phase.
- 4/29/2016 - The IAMMP Phase 1 Project is underway. In the last month, the team baselined the Phase 1 project plan, established formal risk and issue management, created a change control process, developed Application Development and Configuration Standards, and built two prototype environments. The focus now is the Technical Architecture strategy and requirements while also finalizing requirements for the Interface and Data Transition Strategy.
- 4/29/2016 - Vendor proposal evaluations are complete. Orals have been scheduled in May.
- 1/27/2016 - The project continues through summer 2016 with SharePoint 2010 migrations. For current SharePoint 2010 site owners, please send an email to email@example.com to begin planning your migration.
- As of October 2015 - The buildings noted on the VoIP Wiki page have been completed with the exception of the analog lines and call centers. Over 21,797 lines have been covered or suspended to date.
- 7/22/2016 - The WCSR project is on schedule to retire Web Central at the end of August, 2016. 98% site migrations have been completed and 92% of the sites have been archived. The UTS mail service has been retired and all UTS and student organization websites have been archived. The WCSR project team is currently planning the final steps of decommissioning the hardware and retiring the overall service in the end of August. For the detailed remaining steps for the Web Central Service Retirement please visit the WCSR Timeline. .