Current ITS Projects
- 5/29/2014 - On Monday, May 19, Austin AD Remediation project began, disabling approximately 241,000 Austin Active Directory (AD) EID accounts including those belonging to Former Students and Former Staff.
The next phase AD Remediation will continue on Monday, June 2 and Wednesday, June 4, disabling approximately 50,000 AD “guest” EID accounts on each day. A detailed version of this timeline can be found on the TSC Manual for this project (EID login required).
EIDs must have an approved affiliation or entitlement to meet eligibility and avoid becoming disabled or have the AAD Entitlement granted to the EID.
A recording of a previous presentation discussing this project is available for viewing at: http://mediasite.aces.utexas.edu/UTMediasite/Play/2282c9d314354c12b6fe2bcbc4060dbf1d. If you have any questions about this project, please review the FAQ or contact the Active Directory R&R project manager, Brian Hurdle at firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-232-0713.
- 6/27/2014 - On Tuesday, June 3rd, the UT Direct Qual environment was transitioned to UTLogin. In order to address the high priority issues identified after the transition, a new transition schedule for UT Direct has been developed and endorsed. The transition of UT Direct will now conclude on September 16, 2014.
The latest release, UTLogin 2014.3.0, was released into Production on June 7, 2014. The team has begun work for upcoming releases, which will upgrade UTLogin to the latest software version and provide an enhancement needed for the UT Web Project. These UTLogin releases are scheduled to be deployed in the fall of 2014
- 8/26/2013 - Beginning fall semester 2013, Canvas is available to all faculty for all courses. For more information about Canvas at UT Austin, visit http://canvas.utexas.edu.
- 7/11/2014 - The Drupal Foundation Project (DFP) team has decided to break the project into two parts, due to scheduling and resource considerations. The first part will deliver the Drupal Distribution Package (DDP), that will include the Drupal 7 core, a number of commonly used Drupal modules and a UT branded theme. Currently, the project team is working on the Design phase, and the delivery of the DDP is estimated to be completed in January 2015.
Also, the Plan phase of the Digital Experience Environment Project (DEEP) has been completed, and the project team is working on the Requirements phase, which is estimated to end in October 2014.
- 2/17/2014 - The new Group E-Mail system launched Monday, February 17, 2014. The Group E-Mail system is used when informational, promotional, and urgent messages sanctioned by the University need to be sent to specific groups across campus. The new system addresses a long-standing campus need for a new, more functional and feature rich solution; "Custom-Urgent" Group E-mail was previously deployed in spring 2013.
- 12/20/2013 - The team completed the development of guidelines and standards to help address the growing number of cloud-based services in use by campus departments and the identity management challenges faced as those services have been implemented. The IAM Cloud Integration Guidelines and Standards are published under the CIO policies.
- 6/27/2014 - The team is finalizing a vendor demo agenda in preparation of onsite vendor demos.
- 5/16/2014 - Solution assessment complete. Selected vendors will be contacted for on-site demos in the next several weeks.
- 5/19/2014 - The Design phase for the project is complete, and the software license for the encryption product has been installed. The project is now in the Build phase, and software configuration is underway. Unit testing using O365 and UT Mail test tenants will begin once configuration is complete. Testing is estimated to begin in mid-June.
- 6/25/2014 - With the project charter approved and the first customer early adopter migration complete, Phase 1 & 2 migrations from SharePoint 2007 & 2010 are being planned and are scheduled to begin in July 2014.
- 7/1/2014 - Testing activities have concluded for Phase 1 of the UT Direct Two Factor Authentication project. The system is scheduled for deployment on July 8, 2014.
- 6/26/2014 - Since February of this year, the UT Web Infrastructure project has made significant progress in carrying out the proof-of-concept phase of the project. Recent completion of this phase – and unanimous endorsement this week by the project steering committee to move forward – brings us that much closer to launching the new, panel-based shared web hosting platform later this summer. The new UT Web Infrastructure will ultimately replace Web Central.
During the proof-of-concept phase, the team installed and configured the full UT Web technology stack to ensure all technologies proposed in the design functioned as expected. They did: testing results were uniformly positive. In the last several months, the focus of the project has shifted to more advanced testing to test performance and high availability, as well as develop disaster recovery and business continuity strategies. Campus “early adopters” have had the opportunity to begin testing their own web applications and code, as well as provide valuable feedback to the project team. All success criteria identified prior to the beginning of the proof-of-concept phase have been met, and the production build phase of the project is underway.
UT Web is targeted to be available for customer website migrations beginning in late August 2014, continuing through early 2015. In preparation, the project team wants to identify campus customers (both current Web Central customers and new UT Web customers) who are likely to begin using UT Web prior to the end of the calendar year 2014. If your college, school or unit wants to take advantage of this new UT Web infrastructure, please contact project manager David Moss email@example.com, 512-471-9066. This does not have to be a binding commitment, we just want to anticipate future needs as we continue with the final production build phase.
- 6/5/2014 - Deployments for Wave 2 buildings are in process. Over 7,000 phone lines have been converted or suspended so far. Surveys of Wave 3 buildings are beginning. For additional information on the project and the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.
Details of FY 2011-12 Projects
Detailed timelines for the projects for each ITS department are provided below.
- ITS Applications 2012 project plan (PDF)
- ITS Networking 2011-12 project plan (PDF)
- ITS Systems 2011-12 project plan (PDF)
- Information Security Office 2011-12 project plan (PDF)
Trouble viewing the documents available on this page? Download the Adobe PDF Reader.