Current ITS Projects
- 5/29/2014 - On Monday, May 19, Austin AD Remediation project began, disabling approximately 241,000 Austin Active Directory (AD) EID accounts including those belonging to Former Students and Former Staff.
The next phase AD Remediation will continue on Monday, June 2 and Wednesday, June 4, disabling approximately 50,000 AD “guest” EID accounts on each day. A detailed version of this timeline can be found on the TSC Manual for this project (EID login required).
EIDs must have an approved affiliation or entitlement to meet eligibility and avoid becoming disabled or have the AAD Entitlement granted to the EID.
A recording of a previous presentation discussing this project is available for viewing at: http://mediasite.aces.utexas.edu/UTMediasite/Play/2282c9d314354c12b6fe2bcbc4060dbf1d. If you have any questions about this project, please review the FAQ or contact the Active Directory R&R project manager, Brian Hurdle at email@example.com, 512-232-0713.
- 8/6/2014 - On Tuesday, August 5th, the UT Direct Beta environment will be transitioned to UTLogin. The transition of UT Direct to UTLogin remains on track to conclude on September 16, 2014.
In the meantime, the team has been working on the next UTLogin release, UTLogin 2014.3.2, that will be deployed into Production on August 14, 2014. This will address some minor production issues. The team is also testing the upgrade of UTLogin to the latest software version. The upgrade release, UTLogin 2015.1.0, will be deployed in October of 2014.
- 8/26/2013 - Beginning fall semester 2013, Canvas is available to all faculty for all courses. For more information about Canvas at UT Austin, visit http://canvas.utexas.edu.
- 7/11/2014 - The Drupal Foundation Project (DFP) team has decided to break the project into two parts, due to scheduling and resource considerations. The first part will deliver the Drupal Distribution Package (DDP), that will include the Drupal 7 core, a number of commonly used Drupal modules and a UT branded theme. Currently, the project team is working on the Design phase, and the delivery of the DDP is estimated to be completed in January 2015.
Also, the Plan phase of the Digital Experience Environment Project (DEEP) has been completed, and the project team is working on the Requirements phase, which is estimated to end in October 2014.
- 2/17/2014 - The new Group E-Mail system launched Monday, February 17, 2014. The Group E-Mail system is used when informational, promotional, and urgent messages sanctioned by the University need to be sent to specific groups across campus. The new system addresses a long-standing campus need for a new, more functional and feature rich solution; "Custom-Urgent" Group E-mail was previously deployed in spring 2013.
- 12/20/2013 - The team completed the development of guidelines and standards to help address the growing number of cloud-based services in use by campus departments and the identity management challenges faced as those services have been implemented. The IAM Cloud Integration Guidelines and Standards are published under the CIO policies.
- 8/6/2014 - The team finalized a vendor demo agenda and will be hosting onsite vendor demos.
- 8/6/2014 - Project has been completed. The selected vendor has been contacted. Procurement and implementation will take place as separate efforts.
- 5/19/2014 - The Design phase for the project is complete, and the software license for the encryption product has been installed. The project is now in the Build phase, and software configuration is underway. Unit testing using O365 and UT Mail test tenants will begin once configuration is complete. Testing is estimated to begin in mid-June.
- 8/14/2014 - Migrations to SharePoint 2013 are currently underway and expected to continue through fall semester 2015. For current SharePoint 2007 and 2010 customers, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin planning your migration.
- 7/1/2014 - Testing activities have concluded for Phase 1 of the UT Direct Two Factor Authentication project. The system is scheduled for deployment on July 8, 2014.
- 8/12/2014 - UT Web, the university’s new shared web hosting platform, deployment has been rescheduled. Previously targeted to be available in late August 2014 prior to the start of fall semester classes, UT Web is now scheduled to be available in early October to avoid the ‘fall rush.’ This decision was made in collaboration with the project team and the UT Web customer steering committee.
In the meantime, customers are welcome to request early access to the UT Web environment to begin testing their own web applications and code by contacting the project manager, David Moss email@example.com, 512-471-9066. Currently, there are nearly a dozen colleges, schools and units actively testing.
On behalf of the project team, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your support in this important campus initiative.
- 6/5/2014 - Deployments for Wave 2 buildings are in process. Over 7,000 phone lines have been converted or suspended so far. Surveys of Wave 3 buildings are beginning. For additional information on the project and the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.