Current ITS Projects
- 5/8/2015 - ITS granted temporary Austin Active Directory (AAD) entitlements to Unaffiliated (Guest) EIDs used for Austin Exchange and Austin Disk services. The temporary entitlements expire on Wednesday, May 20, 2015.
If these accounts need to remain active for a longer period, each EID will need the AAD Entitlement updated by someone from your organization or changes to the affiliation via Human Resources or student records.
More information can be found on the project wiki. Please contact your Technical Support Coordinator (TSC) or local help desk technician for information and assistance with setting the AAD Entitlement. Additionally, you may contact the ITS Help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6/8/2015 - Phase 2 migrations for Office 365 have been successfully completed! This phase included large scale mailbox migrations during April and May for areas such as the College of Communication, Athletics, the College of Liberal Arts, and the Offices of Development and Admissions. Both the mailbox migration failure rate and our migration issues rate were far below the targets of 5% and 15% respectively. The site champions from the migrating Colleges, Schools, and Units (CSUs), along with the dedicated Office 365 team, consisting of members from the ITS Help Desk, MITS, ATS, and ITS Systems, put in countless hours planning and preparing for the Office 365 2015 migrations. Their hard work was rewarded with very successful migrations this spring!
Now that spring migrations have concluded, the Office 365 team is moving on to additional project related tasks. Firstly, we are assisting several CSUs in moving from email servers they manage into Office 365. Secondly, we are performing a few on premise AEMS to Office 365 mailbox migrations for non-Academic units. Lastly, ad hoc mailbox migrations, which resumed on May 18th, may be requested via the ITS Help and Service Desk and will be considered on a case by case basis dependent upon business needs. If you are a technical representative of a College, School, or Unit and are interested in learning more about migrating to Office 365 please contact the Office365 project manager Sabina Winters.
Ongoing Updates: Office 365 Migration
- 10/7/2014 - ITS Networking is upgrading roughly half of the wireless network access points located across campus to both greatly improve wireless network service as well as life cycle units approaching the end of their service. This effort began in the residence halls at the beginning of summer 2014 and will continue across the rest of campus throughout fall 2014 and spring 2015.
- 6/17/2015 - Requirements have been updated and approved by the CSC. Design phase began 6/10/15 and will continue through the summer.
- 5/8/2015 - The Managed Drupal Hosting Assessment (MDHA) project is in the Close phase, and in the middle of the procurement process. The contract with Pantheon is estimated to be completed at the end of June.
After Pantheon's selection as the hosting solution, the Managed Drupal Implementation Project (MDIP) initiated in March 2015. The MDIP will include the development of the Managed Drupal service and its functions. Currently, the Plan phase has been completed and the project team is working on defining the new service and its funding model. The Service Definition phase will be completed by the end of July.
- 5/7/2015 - The UI/Backend Upgrade project is an enhancement of the Regroup-based Group E-Mail solution rolled out in 2014, providing better support for new lists, improved and more consistent administrative roles, more departmental control, and better tracking of changes. This project will also position Group E-Mail to remove its reliance on the mainframe. We have completed the Requirements phase and are nearing the end of the Design phase.
- 4/13/2015 - The project team is developing a statement of work to select an implementation partner.
- 4/13/2015 - Requirements gathering is underway by the project team with the customer steering committee.
- 9/8/2014 - The project is close to completing the Build phase. We are working with the vendor and the Identity and Access Management team to implement authorization and authentication for secure messaging. We expect to complete this task in September, at which point we will begin testing the solution end-to-end. Deployment is scheduled for October, 2014.
- 5/8/2015 - Migrations of SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013 are currently underway and expected to be completed by June 2015. SharePoint 2010 migrations will continue through fall semester 2015. For current SharePoint 2010 site owners, please send an email to email@example.com to begin planning your migration.
- 1/9/2015 - Deployments for Wave 3 buildings are in process and Wave 4 surveys are underway. Over 13,300 phone lines have been converted or suspended so far. For additional information on the project and the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.
- 5/11/2015 - The Web Central Service Retirement (WCSR) project initiated in March 2015 and has been endorsed by IT governance. The Plan phase was completed at the end of April when the internal steering committee approved the Project Charter and Communication Plan. Currently the project team has been working on the Design phase that includes identifying the Web Central files that will be archived during wave 1, and also documenting alternative service action plans that will enable customers choose the most suitable solution to migrate to. The Design phase will be completed at the end of July 2015.