Python Production Environment (PyPE)
Python Production Environment (PyPE) provides an evolution in the development environment for applications written for UT Direct. Using the Python programming language and the Django Web framework, developers are able to write applications quickly, securely, and succinctly.
Applications on PyPE can access both mainframe and SQL databases, providing developers the flexibility of replacing legacy applications written in webAgent or creating new applications that do not rely on the mainframe.
Anyone with a UT EID can be granted access to work on projects. However, only users with a developer entitlement can create projects.
- Supported by a suite of training classes and self-guided documentation
- Web interface for managing access to code and deploying applications to UT Direct
- Access to TEST, QUAL, BETA, and PROD mainframe data environments
- Access to any external database, including ITS-hosted MySQL databases
- A supported bundle of Python libraries for quick setup of developer workstations
- Each project gets its own Subversion repository, wiki, and bug tracker through the UTForge service
Python Production Environment (PyPE) is provided at no charge to developers.