Services & Solutions
ITS Refund Policy
(See the change log for a list of significant changes made to this document.)
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides optional services to students, faculty, and staff at the request of the customer. Before you purchase ITS services, you are responsible for knowing this policy and being willing to abide by it. You must also agree to the policies described in the UT Austin Acceptable Use Policy.
If you are a student, then you will use Bevo Bucks to pay for certain services (for example, printing, software, disk storage). If you are faculty, staff or a retiree, you will use an IT Prepaid Account.
- ITS offers Resnet as a subscription service, sold by the semester. Cancellation of Resnet service will result in a deactivation fee applied to any refunded amount.
For more information, see the Resnet Cancellation Policy.
Subscriptions must be paid for in advance. For a summary of other common services, see the ITS Accounts pages.
To discontinue ITS services, you must inform ITS. You can
do this either online or in person
Your Computer Account or Cancel Services).
- If you do not explicitly terminate your account or services, your subscription will lapse at the end of its term (including any auto-renewals you have set); however, you will be charged for the period until your service finally lapses, even if you are no longer using the services.
- If your service is canceled before the entire subscription period has lapsed, the cost of the unused remaining time will be refunded to you "in kind paid" on a daily pro-rated basis, starting on the date of the request to close the account. Thus, if you paid using Bevo Bucks, then your Bevo Bucks account will be credited for the refund.
- Printing services are available on a pay-as-you-print
basis using Bevo
Bucks (or an
IT Prepaid Account).
- You are responsible for setting your print parameters correctly, including specifying either a black-and-white or a color printer. If you accidentally print monochrome pages on a color printer, you will be charged for the more expensive color pages.
- Print jobs will be charged to your Bevo Bucks account (or an IT Prepaid Account) when each print job is submitted.
- Refunds are granted only in specific
- Jobs that do not print correctly due to equipment failure will be reprinted at no charge by ITS personnel in the Student Microcomputer Facility (SMF) located in the Flawn Academic Center (FAC).
- For any print job that is in dispute, you are responsible for completing a refund request and submitting any physical evidence of the failed output (misprinted or poorly printed pages, etc.). Refund request forms are available at the SMF and should be turned in there.
- Print refund requests must be made within 10 days.
- Approved refunds for any ITS service (except printing) are first applied against any amounts you owe to The University of Texas at Austin. Thus, even if granted a refund, you may not receive one if you owe the university for other reasons. If your refund is greater than the amount you owe, you will receive the difference between the amounts. Printing refunds are applied instead against your Bevo Bucks account (for students) or IT Prepaid Account (for faculty and staff).
- If you are disconnected from network access for security
reasons, you will not receive a refund for the time your
machine is quarantined from the network. You are responsible
for keeping your machine adequately secured, with up-to-date
anti-virus and firewall software, and to be sure your computer
is not used in a way that is detrimental to others on the
If you are disconnected for security reasons, you have the option of canceling your service and restoring it after your machine is adequately patched. If you choose to continue your service, however, you will not receive a refund for the time you were unable to access the network.
- Resnet charges cover the days specified by your subscription. That period may include winter holidays and spring break. No refunds will be provided for these time periods. Customers who cancel their service agreements prior to these periods will receive a prorated refund for the unused portion.
- ITS reserves the right to refuse services to any customer who is in arrears for any ITS service or to any customer who has abused services.