A SharePoint site is a web site that provides a central storage and collaboration space for documents, information, and ideas. A SharePoint site helps groups of people share information and work together. For example, a SharePoint site can help you:
- Coordinate projects, calendars, and schedules.
- Discuss ideas and review documents or proposals.
- Create an approval process for a form using workflows.
- Create web sites, calendars, online surveys, discussion boards and more.
- Access your site collection from anywhere.
- Access to your SharePoint site is by invitation only (UT EID logon required).
- Sharing and collaborating on electronic documents reduces paper printing, and therefore paper waste.
- Collaborating electronically with remote colleagues reduces travel. This saves between 0.6 and 1 pound of carbon emissions for each mile someone would have traveled.
SharePoint is available for $1200 per year for a site collection.