Last Updated: February 11, 2015 @ 1:31 pm
Next Review Date: 01/01/2016
Service Manager: Christopher T Owan
Governance Group: None
Document Status: Published
- Availability: 99.52%
- Routine work request acknowledgment response time: 1 business day
- Review and response to pending open requests : 5 business days
This document defines the service level agreement for MySQL.
MySQL is an open source relational database management system (RDBMS). It is commonly used for database services for other open source applications, such as Drupal and Wordpress.
MySQL can be used by faculty, staff, and students sponsored by a faculty or staff member.
Supported computing environment
For customers to remotely manage their database(s) they must use a cookie enabled web browser to access the provided PHPMyAdmin site. Client software can be downloaded from the MySQL web site assuming the operating system meets the minimum installation requirements.
Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support is available during normal business hours. Routine requests are typically addressed within one business day.
Tier 1, 2
Work requests should start with Tier 1 technical support. Any user can call the ITS Help Desk at 512-475-9400, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Users with a departmental Technical Support Contact (TSC) should contact that individual.
Departmental Technical Support Contracts (TSC) and the ITS Help Desk may escalate issues to Tier 3.
ITS will notify customers about both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using the ITS Services Status page of service availability and service delivery issues. Services may not be available during the maintenance periods.
Scheduled maintenance occurs monthly on the third Wednesday from 6.30AM-7.30AM.
To the maximum extent possible, installation of service, application, and security updates will be performed during scheduled maintenance.
Unscheduled maintenance tasks that require service downtime will be announced as soon as possible on the ITS Services Status page.
ITS will notify customers using the ITS Services Status page of service availability and service delivery issues for MySQL.
Subscribers (users) of the service and identified owners/administrators agree to be aware of and adhere to the university's Acceptable Use Policy.
Departmental IT support staff agrees to:
- Maintain knowledge of the currently installed version of MySQL and its features.
- Regularly check email for service announcements.
- Provide and maintain contact information with ITS for support purposes.
- Assign and provide ITS with contact information for a secondary TSC that will assume all responsibilities of the primary TSC when the primary TSC is unavailable.
- Use supported client software.
- For purposes of resolving customer issues, be willing and available to provide critical information to ITS in a timely manner when requested.
- Provide Tier 1 support for the department.
Cost of Service
Cost information for this service can be found on the MySQL web site.