Microsoft SQL Server
Last Updated: January 28, 2016 @ 3:13 pm
Next Review Date: 01/01/2017
Service Manager: Christopher T Owan
Governance Group: None
Document Status: Published
- Availability: 99.57%
- Routine work request acknowledgment response time: 1 business day
- Review and response to pending open requests: 5 business days
This document defines the service level agreement for Microsoft SQL Server.
SQL Server is an enterprise level database solution. It is recommended when a robust database solution is required.
Microsoft SQL Server can be used by students, faculty, and staff.
Supported computing environment
The minimum recommended operating system and client software requirements are:
Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express
Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support is available during normal business hours. Routine requests are typically addressed within one business day.
End users should start with Tier 1 technical support. Any user can call the ITS Help Desk at 512-475-9400. Users with a departmental Technical Support Contact (TSC) should contact that individual.
Departmental support staff and the ITS Help Desk may escalate issues to Tier 2.
ITS will notify customers about both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using the ITS Services Status page of service availability and service delivery issues. Services may not be available during the maintenance periods.
Scheduled maintenance occurs first Wednesday of every month from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. To the maximum extent possible, installation of service, application, and security updates will be performed during scheduled maintenance.
Unscheduled maintenance tasks that require service downtime will be announced as soon as possible on the ITS Services Status page.
ITS will notify customers using the ITS Services Status page of service availability and service delivery issues for Microsoft SQL Server.
Subscribers (users) of the service and identified owners/administrators agree to be aware of and adhere to the university's Acceptable Use Policy.
Microsoft SQL Server subscribers agree to:
- Read the online documentation at http://www.utexas.edu/its/sqlserver.
- Provide contact information for primary and secondary departmental TSCs as requested by ITS for support purposes.
- Patch desktops as recommended by the vendor.
- Use supported client software.
- Provide critical information within four hours of receiving a request from ITS seeking to resolve a subscriber issue.
In addition to the items listed above, departmental IT support staff agrees to:
- Provide ITS with contact information for departmental TSC through your ITS contact, and notify ITS of changes.
- Designate at least one secondary TSC for each department.
- Provide information to ITS in a timely manner when requested for purposes of resolving subscriber issues.
- Provide Tier 1 support for subscribers in the supported department.
Cost of Service
Cost information for this service can be found on the Microsoft SQL Server web site.