Accessibility Scanning and Assessments
Last Updated: February 2, 2016 @ 6:34 pm
Next Review Date: 01/01/2017
Service Manager: Farhad H Fatahalian
Governance Group: IT Architecture & Infrastructure
Document Status: Published
This document defines the service level agreement for Accessibility Scanning.
Information Technology Services (ITS) - Web and Contract Services organization provides accessibility scanning tools (e.g., Worldspace, FireEyes) to assist Web publishers, developers, and Web Portfolio Managers in the remediation of Web accessibility issues and to deliver high-level reports of a site's accessibility compliance with the statutory requirements in the Texas Administrative Code 206.70 Accessibility Standards (TAC 206.70) which references the U.S. Section 508 standards. The reports are submitted on a bimonthly basis to the Electronic Information Resources (EIR) Accessibility Coordinator, who uses the reports to monitor accessibility at the university.
Accessibility scanning tools can be used by departments, faculty and staff.
Supported computing environment
The minimum recommended operating system and client software requirements are:
- A Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection for off-campus users.
- The Web interface to WorldSpace Sync can be accessed through a secure Web Browser.
- FireEyes currently requires Firefox and the plug-in Firebug; see Deque's documentation.
Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support is available during normal business hours. Routine requests are typically addressed within one business day.
End users should start with Tier 1 technical support. Any user can call the ITS Help Desk at 512-475-9400. Tier 1 support includes authorizations and assistance using the tool.
The ITS Help Desk may escalate issues to Tier 2.
Tier 2 support is provided by the ITS Accessibility Administrator and is available during normal business hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Routine requests sent to firstname.lastname@example.org are typically addressed within three business days.
Scheduled maintenance may occur on the third Thursday of September, December, March, and June from 8 a.m. to Noon, as needed.
- To the maximum extent possible, operating system patches and security updates will be performed during scheduled maintenance.
Unscheduled maintenance tasks that require service downtime will be announced as soon as possible on the ITS Services Status page.
- The WorldSpace software is updated once or twice per year dependent upon the vendors internal release schedules.
ITS will notify customers using the ITS Services Status page of service availability and service delivery issues for Accessibility Scanning.
Users of the Accessibility Scanning service and identified website owners or administrators agree to:
- Be aware of and adhere to the university's Acceptable Use Policy.
- Provide critical information to ITS Accessibility Administrator in a timely manner when requested for purposes of resolving subscriber issues.
- Use the tool in accordance with the documentation provided.
- Maintain up-to-date scanning for all websites within their university organizations portfolio. Websites cannot be removed from scans without explicit permission from the ITS Accessibility Administrator.
- Preserve consistent reporting for Organizations and Projects.
- Manage users and settings in compliance with documentation provided. Managers are not permitted to grant Administrator privileges to other users.
- Preserve existing scanning rules and settings. The rules set by the ITS Accessibility Administrator must remain intact and unchanged.
- Conserve server and network resources by limiting the use of ad-hoc scans and by not scheduling Project scans to run without the explicit permission of the ITS Accessibility Administrator.
Cost of Service
Cost information for this service can be found on the Accessibility Scanning website.