Accessibility Scanning and Assessments
Last Updated: March 31, 2014 @ 1:37 pm
Next Review Date: 01/01/2015
Service Manager: Jennifer M Coast
Governance Group: IT Architecture & Infrastructure
Document Status: Published
This document defines the service level agreement for Accessibility Scanning.
ITS provides accessibility scanning tools to assist Web publishers, developers, and Web Portfolio Managers in the remediation of Web accessibility issues and to deliver high-level reports of a site's accessibility compliance. The university's Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) Coordinator also uses the reports to monitor accessibility at the university.
Accessibility Scanning can be used by departments, faculty and staff.
Supported computing environment
The minimum recommended operating system and client software requirements are:
- FireEyes currently requires Firefox and the plug-in Firebug; see Deque's documentation.
- The Web interface to WorldSpace Sync can be accessed through a secure Web Browser
- A Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection for off-campus users
Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support is available during normal business hours. Routine requests are typically addressed within one business day.
End users should start with Tier 1 technical support. Any user can call the ITS Help Desk at 512-475-9400. Tier 1 support includes authorizations and assistance using the tool and can be accessed using the email@example.com support list.
The ITS Help Desk may escalate issues to Tier 2.
Tier 2 support is provided by the Web Technologies Team and is available during normal business hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Routine requests are typically addressed within three business days.
ITS will notify customers about both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using the ITS Services Status page of service availability and service delivery issues. Services may not be available during the maintenance periods.
Scheduled maintenance may occur the third Wednesday of the month from 8 a.m. to Noon, as needed. To the maximum extent possible, installation of service, application, and security updates will be performed during scheduled maintenance.
Unscheduled maintenance tasks that require service downtime will be announced as soon as possible on the ITS Services Status page.
ITS will notify customers using the ITS Services Status page of service availability and service delivery issues for Accessibility Scanning.
Users of the Accessibility Scanning service and identified website owners or administrators agree to:
- Be aware of and adhere to the university's Acceptable Use Policy.
- Provide critical information to ITS in a timely manner when requested for purposes of resolving subscriber issues.
- Use the tool in accordance with the documentation provided.
- Maintain up-to-date scanning for all websites within their university organizations portfolio. Websites cannot be removed from scans without explicit permission from the service owner.
- Preserve consistent reporting for Organizations and Projects.
- Manage users and settings in compliance with documentation provided. Managers are not permitted to grant Administrator privileges to other users.
- Preserve existing scanning rules and settings. The rules set by the service owner must remain intact and unchanged.
- Be a good common-good citizen and conserve server and network resources by limiting the use of ad-hoc scans and by not scheduling Project scans to run without the explicit permission of the service owner.
Cost of Service
Cost information for this service can be found on the Accessibility Scanning website.