Qualtrics Survey Tool
Qualtrics is a generalized survey service permitting the creation of survey instruments, distribution of the surveys, data storage and analysis. Qualtrics is available for use by faculty, staff, and students and is approved for most Category I data (including HIPAA, FERPA, and IRB).
Qualtrics is the preferred tool for campus surveys because it meets stringent information security requirements not found in most free online survey tools. Qualtrics also has important quality control features, such as preventing multiple submissions from a single survey participant.
Qualtrics is user-friendly and able to handle complex designs. Simple surveys can be produced in minutes. Complex studies involving randomization, embedded, and longitudinal data are possible.
Qualtrics users should be aware that any surveys published, and subsequent responses, via Qualtrics may be subject to the Open Records Act.
- "Libraries" to store commonly used surveys, such as course evaluations
- Simple intuitive interface for creating and editing questions
- Complex research designs using Survey Flow, Display Logic, Randomization tool
- Flexible question types for collective quantitative and qualitative data
- Results downloaded in many file types (SPSS, Excel, XML); cool-looking graphs and tables available for direct export
Qualtrics accounts are available at no direct cost to students, faculty, and staff through a campus cooperative. Individual Colleges, Schools, and Administrative units contribute to the cooperative based upon their groups' annual utilization of the service.