Managing Information Technology at UT - PN 495
Managing information technology functions and resources at The University of
Texas at Austin is complex and multi-faceted. This two-day class will assist
technology staff with the management of IT resources.
The course will cover numerous IT functions including:
- Information security
- Software/hardware purchasing and licensing information
- Instructional technology
- System and lab management
- Support and training services available
- Campus authentication and authorization systems
- Electronic communications
This course is designed for professionals who have an IT function within their department or those who have management responsibilities that include information technology. Registrants will be asked the following qualifying question. "Do you manage or support computer hardware, software, Web technologies, application development, audio/visual technologies, instructional technology, or communication technologies?"
This class is scheduled infrequently. Please see TXClass to register and for contact information.
- Administrative Systems
- Education Development
- Green IT
- Hardware and Software Acquisition
- Identity and Access Management
- Information Security
- Instructional Technology (Google Doc)
- User Services
- Web Hosting and Storage
Trouble viewing the documents available on this page? Download a Microsoft document viewer.