University Data Center
Submitting a service request
In cases where system administrators cannot resolve a problem remotely and requires assistance from UDC operations staff, they can contact UDC staff as follows:
- For service requests that do not require immediate attention, send an e-mail message to UDCemail@example.com. This will create a ticket in Footprints and enable us to appropriately assign and track the progress of your request. These tickets will follow the standard Information Technology Services service level (SLA) agreement initial response time of 4 hours.
- For any issue requiring immediate attention in less than 4 hours, such as the reboot of a server or other troubleshooting activity, please call 471-0007. The operators are on duty 24/7 to support you and will respond within 20 minutes. You may be asked to follow up with an e-mail to UDCfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Customers must provide a contact method when they contact the UDC.
Customers must notify the UDC of planned changes to equipment co-located in the data centers to ensure that we can provide the best service possible. Below are examples of the types of activity that we need to know about. To notify us, please send an e-mail message to UDCemail@example.com.
Examples of Physical Changes:
- Add or remove a server
- Rename a server
- Server labels
- Change / Replace power supplies
- Change / Replace NICs
- Other changes that could impact move planning/inventory management
Examples of Logical Changes:
- Changes to VLANs
- Changes to subnets
- Other changes that could impact move planning/network management