Urgent Email System
The Urgent Email System is a web application and an updated solution that allows authorized senders from University Operations-Communication and Campus Safety & Security to send Urgent Bulk Emails to all the students and employees of UT Austin during an emergency. Urgent Bulk Emails are defined as “an important announcement from an executive officer or designated representative regarding an imminent occurrence.” These urgent notifications are the messages flagged with the word “Urgent” in the message subject.
- A streamlined version of the current process for sending Urgent Emails.
- A custom-built system that has control over the network configurations, reduced complexity, and increased delivery speed.
- Offers emergency messaging functionality.
- Has the ability to quickly and reliably send email to all UT students and employees in the event of an emergency.
- The urgent bulk emails are sent quickly (approx. 70000 messages can be sent in 10 minutes or less).
- The user interface designed for this system is very simple, user-friendly, and easy-to- use even under stressful circumstances.
The Urgent Group Email System is provided as a common good service with no additional costs to departments or users.