UTLogin is a new centralized authentication service which supports web-based and stand-alone applications through standard authentication protocols. It will replace the Central Web Authentication and Fat Cookie system currently in use by many university web applications. The creation of this new system and the schedule for transition to it have been endorsed by the IT Architecture and Infrastructure Committee governance committee.
- Allows departments to authenticate UT EID holders when logging into departmental systems.
- Provides single sign-on capability for participating applications.
- Provides support for common server platforms and third party applications.
- Supports SAML, REST, and OAuth interfaces.
- Offers detailed logging for audit and security purposes.
- Includes support for future extensibility such as multi-factor and third-party authentication.
The UTLogin service will be available at no cost to UT EID holders.